Kuiu Summit Refuge (3-Person) Tent Set Sale (40% off)

jwiltx

FNG
I've personally been looking for a good, lightweight hot tent and I've really only been looking at SO, but I stumbled across this one today. The tent set is normally $700, but they've got it marked down to $430 (and if you get their mil/1st responder discount, it knocks another 10% off).

Tent, footprint, mesh insert, poles, and stovejack (which is removable).

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I've had mine since they came out and its been a great shelter! I didn't really like to the stove jack so I had one sewn into it and its worked great!

OP
jwiltx

jwiltx

FNG
I've had mine since they came out and its been a great shelter! I didn't really like to the stove jack so I had one sewn into it and its worked great!
Good to know. I'd been looking at a Cimarron or Redcliff, and just the shelter came in at this price without all the extra stuff. I've been using a very cheap, but effective tent for all my white tail hunting and I wanted something I can use for all my hunts (including with my kids in the future).

What didn't you like about the stove jack? Any tips, since you've had it so long?

flashgordon

Lil-Rokslider
I just felt the kuiu stove jack would get melted or fail and cause me to burn the tent. I also wanted to be able to use both doors. I bought a stove jack from I believe Bear Paw and had a seamstress sew it and have been very happy with it so far. I've used to shelter in most configurations but typically use it with the footprint and trekking poles.