Kuiu spindrift

JG358

WKR
They're nice, I just wish they used a more durable material. I don't foresee mine lasting more than a season, two if I'm lucky.

Last edited:

bowuntr

WKR
I like mine... warm and light... and noisy. I use mine mostly as a camp or glassing jacket. Too noisy for stalking. Ed F

BuckSnort

WKR
Thinking about ordering a Spindrift while they are on sale... I'm just a little worried how long it will take to deliver... I'll give them a ring tomorrow if I remember before they close...

Lawnboi

WKR
Thinking about ordering a Spindrift while they are on sale... I'm just a little worried how long it will take to deliver... I'll give them a ring tomorrow if I remember before they close...

Kuiu usually ships within a day of ordering... atleast thats how all mine have been.

dotman

WKR

Well i'll let you know, broke down and ordered one. Still not sure if i'll take it but it'll make a nice winter coat right?

I bought one too. They shipped it quickly. I got it yesterday, but it's too big... I am really having trouble with their sizing? 3 garments, 3 returns for sizing. Called for the smaller size, and they're out! I opted for my money back. I'll just continue to use my Patagonia Nano Puff Pullover. It was a tough $15 lesson.

BuckSnort

WKR
I pulled the trigger on one as well... Got an email saying it was shipped out on the 2nd... I'm leaving on the 9th, hope it gets here before then... Also bought a beanie and a neck gaiter...

Hopefully the sizing is correct for me.. I bought an XL

dotman

WKR
Mine showed up today, I think fedex had a delay because their expected delievery date was yesterday.

Jdog

WKR
how are these for sizing?

I am 6'8" and a lean 240 lbs...

I can usually wear an XL.

How are the sleeves in length on these?

sk1

WKR
man i just dont know, i am 6'1 lean 185lbs and my large fits great, plenty of sleeve length....but i have no idea if the sleeve length increase on the XL is that much more? maybe wait for someone with an XL to comment

dotman

WKR
I'm just short of 6' and 210 and the xl fits nice, a large would fit but I think it would be tight in the shoulders, my chest is 44. Send slim9300 a pm on it, I think he is close to your height and he has one I think.

Last edited:

TXCO

WKR
I bought a spindrift this summer and one thing I have noticed is some seepage of the fill out of the nylon. I know this can happen with down but I was not expecting it with the primaloft. It was pretty bad if I wore my binoculers or a pack over the jacket. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

bobhunts

WKR
I have not been in weather that would warrant wearing it yet! I will have it with me when I leave for the last two weeks of archery season in Colorado this year. After using it I can attest to how it performed. I do believe with the layering system it will be fine for Colorado and am wondering what to add next year while on my Alaska trip for Moose.