Kuiu Solid Colors

I have been wanting to pick up some Kuiu gear and now seems like a good time with the Father's Day sale. I was planning on picking up a Chugach jacket/pants and maybe some attack pants.

What does everyone think of the olive color in the Chugach? I think I would prefer the major brown but it doesn't look like its available in the Chugach. From the pictures its looks muted and seems like it would blend in well for hunting. How does the color look in person? I assume it would be a much better choice than the frost grey.

mtmiller

WKR
Not sure how to describe the color, but here it is compared to the Vias.

Chugach vs Attach

DSC_1518.jpg

tstowater

WKR
I like the olive. I wanted to order a vest in olive but the size I needed was out so I went with brown.

I like the brown better since there is brown in the vias camo an not any olive, if you were to mix and match. I went with the vias to go with my brown attack pants for that reason. If you arent planing on mixing and matching I imagine the olive would be fine, espesially for the cost savings.

OP
B
Thanks for the picture. The olive looks a little more brown there and less green compared to the Kuiu website pics. Is the major brown the same brown that's in the vias camo?

Lawnboi

WKR
^ it sure didnt look like it when i had my major brown pants. It looked alot lighter. Still matched though.

They all look alright with eachother

slim9300

WKR
^ it sure didnt look like it when i had my major brown pants. It looked alot lighter. Still matched though.

They all look alright with eachother

Exactly. The major brown and olive are not what they look like online. I have the major brown Attack pants and the Olive Chugach jacket. They go well together and are perfect for someone that doesn't like camo.

BuckSnort

WKR
You guys are worse than a bunch of women getting dressed up for a night on the town.....

I'm ducking under cover, fire away... lol

luke moffat

Super Moderator
You guys are worse than a bunch of women getting dressed up for a night on the town.....

I'm ducking under cover, fire away... lol

Glad I'm not the only one thinking that. :D

Not sure the animals care if your solid colors are matchin ;)

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm just glad that its anything but mossy oak. And if your hunting partner is worried about how well you match it might be time for a new partner.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm just glad that its anything but mossy oak. And if your hunting partner is worried about how well you match it might be time for a new partner.

Haha. Yeah making sure you match is your wife's job. If she doubles as your hunting partner, I don't know what to tell you except have her buy you then in vias camo.

Me in matching camo. Multicam T2 pack, vias chugach jacket, sitka optifade stornfront lite pants, mossyoak or something pouches. Im sure if I had a girlfriend she would make sure I matched better.

Attachments

• Camo.jpg
    Camo.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 151

slim9300

WKR
The large Chugach jacket fits perfectly other than being about 1" short in both sleeves. It's really not too bad though. I'm very happy that I ordered a large to compare it to the XL.

G Posik

WKR
For the sake of comparing, are the Attack pants about the same as the Ascent pants? I am talking weight/thickness wise. Not asking which is better company or service or stitched better or more pockets. Thanks in advance

Glenn

Yukondog

WKR
For the sake of comparing, are the Attack pants about the same as the Ascent pants? I am talking weight/thickness wise. Not asking which is better company or service or stitched better or more pockets. Thanks in advance

Glenn
Not at home so I don't have my scale numbers in front of me. The Attack pants weight less than my Ascent pant. The Attack pants are thicker and more durable by a long shot. In my experience anyway. I tore my ascent pants on day two of using them. After 4 days in the field I had 2-3 tears. Attack pants last year where amazing.

My experience anyway.

Matt

G Posik

WKR
Thanks, Not really looking actual weight. They do not have a lining like the 90% or any others. I am looking at some unlined pants and these look like a good deal for the price at 25% off.

Glenn

Yukondog

WKR
I don't think you will regret buying them. 25% off is a great deal for sure. I have vias for hunting and the charcoal for hiking/backpacking. Forgot to mention, even though they are thicker I would not say the are hotter than the ascent pant. The Attack pants breathe very well and in the moderate rain in CO I don't have a need for true rain gear with these pants. Very water repellent and when wet dry very fast. The pants and guide jacket are my rain gear for CO.

Matt