Kuiu sizing discrepancy

tbone131

Lil-Rokslider
Okay since nobody will answer me on Kuiu forum I will try here. I have two pairs of guide pants, both in size 38. One is vias and the other verde. The vias fit snug and like they are mis marked. The verde fit comfortable and like they are perfect. Anybody else encounter this situation yet? I am going to just do an exchange on the vias pants but am concerned it might be a quality control issue rather than just wrong size markings.

Kuiu switched from a Canadian sew house to china a while ago. After the move their sizing went for a crap, but they have fixed it for the most part.

When did you buy the pants?

Well then,

I have heard of some items being miss labeled.... Call Kuiu and get it exchanged.

One day the US will wake up and take pride in American Made. Until then.... We will be stuck w second rate quality. Sad.

I really wouldn't call Kuiu second rate quality, I also know America as a whole will never want to pay more just because it's Made in America. And heck some stuff that is made in America is of a lower quality shotguns and autos are 2 things that come to mind immediately, I'm sure there are others.

OP
tbone131

tbone131

Lil-Rokslider
I think Kuiu gear is great stuff. I think it might be a fluke but I won't know until I talk to them.

I may be in the minority but i will pay extra for gear MADE IN AMERICA. Maybe its because I'm from a small town where we focus on buying from local stores and locally made products and can see it working. I'm not criticizing KUIU, I really don't care how they run their company, I'm sure their gear is quality stuff, it's just disheartening to see another company selling out to the almighty dollar.

I usually wear a 34" waist but I ordered the tiburon pants in 36" since I've read most of their gear runs small. They should be here this week so I'll comment on their size/fit when they get here.

Also wanted to say that it would be nice to buy gear made in America but I just checked my kryptek gear and it is made in Vietnam and my c4e rain coat was made in China :(

JNDEER

WKR
I usually wear a 34" waist but I ordered the tiburon pants in 36" since I've read most of their gear runs small. They should be here this week so I'll comment on their size/fit when they get here.

It may fit a little loose. I have two pairs of Tiburons. A perfect fit would be a 37 for me, but I usually wear a 38 or 36 depending on the manf. I wear a 36 in the Tiburon and they fit perfect.
The attack pants I have fit better in a 38 then a 36.

mtnkid85

WKR
I commented on another Kuiu post somewhere on this forum. I recently purchased a pair of the guides in 32, I thought they fit quite funky. Waist/thighs is too big and calves are borderline too tight... Like they are sized for a women with large hips.
Its just tough ordering clothes online, I wouldn't have purchased these If I was able to try them on first.

I think Kuiu gear is great stuff. I think it might be a fluke but I won't know until I talk to them.
Call customer service tomorrow and it won't be a problem. They may ask for a picture and some measurements, but no more.

The same goes for the rest of you. If you ever have a sizing issue, call customer service.

OP
tbone131

tbone131

Lil-Rokslider
Call customer service tomorrow and it won't be a problem. They may ask for a picture and some measurements, but no more.

The same goes for the rest of you. If you ever have a sizing issue, call customer service.

Will do thanks Patrick.