Kuiu Pro LT Expereince?

Alpine4x4

FNG
Looking at picking up a Kuiu Pro LT 4000 with the frame and their suspension system. Has anyone ran the new Pro LT 4000? Is it durable. I know its a thinner material than the standard pro line. Also how does the KUIU frame and suspension compare to Kifaru, Exo, Mystery Ranch, etc? I currently have a Badlands Superday and a 2200 and the 2200 just isnt working for me so time to upgrade. The KUIU is coming in at the right price with the right features which is why I'm leaning that way vs something like a Kifaru. Mostly a weekend warrior doing one day hunts, but looking at doing some multi day excursions in the future. I figure if I need bigger I can always just buy a bigger bag for the frame.

Red33

FNG
I have a pro 3600 and LT 5000 that I still run occasionally. The only problem I had with them is that over about 30 lbs it just didnt carry right for me; it seemed to wobble a bit. I liked the bag setup/ pockets way better on the 3600 pro than the LT. I got an Exo K4 3600 and I almost exclusively run that now, except for early season day-scouting trips where I really want to minimize weight, and I really miss the pockets on the 3600 when I run the Exo. One of my buddies still runs his 5500 every year when we pack out for several days and doesn't like the feel of my Exo, but I keep telling him that my frame size is different from what he needs. You really gotta try both with weight to see which works best for your body.

Drenalin

WK.R
The frame and suspension fit is individual, but I personally like it. I didn't at first though - I actually hated the first one I had and got rid of it pretty quick. Then I found out there are two short straps that connect the bottom of the frame to the belt; once I made loosening those and retightening them each time I shouldered the pack, fit dramatically improved for me.

I've used the Pro 3600, LT 4000, and LT 5500 and didn't have any durability issues with any of them. I'm the reverse of the other poster; I greatly prefer the bag layout of the LT 4000 over the Pro 3600. I didn't care a lot for the lid on the 5500, but it was otherwise a good bag. Kuiu might have the best bag layouts (for me) of any pack company I've tried.

If you're not in a hurry to buy, they have a 30% off sale on packs at least once per year.

BBob

WKR
I've been using the Ultra 4000 bag for years now. I also have Ultra bags in 6000, 3000 and 1800. They are 160D fabric and have held up well down here in the Desert. I spend way more time Coues deer hunting than anything and the 4000 gets run through the brush far more than say elk hunting. The Pro LT looks to be 330D fabric so I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble durability wise there. I use the old Ultra suspension with the 1800 and the Pro suspension for the larger bags. The Pro is much improved for carrying weight and fits me well. The Ultra is perfect for a lighter elk run and gun pack and will still pack a game bag full of meat just fine.

Last edited:
OP
A

Alpine4x4

FNG
I have a pro 3600 and LT 5000 that I still run occasionally. The only problem I had with them is that over about 30 lbs it just didnt carry right for me; it seemed to wobble a bit. I liked the bag setup/ pockets way better on the 3600 pro than the LT. I got an Exo K4 3600 and I almost exclusively run that now, except for early season day-scouting trips where I really want to minimize weight, and I really miss the pockets on the 3600 when I run the Exo. One of my buddies still runs his 5500 every year when we pack out for several days and doesn't like the feel of my Exo, but I keep telling him that my frame size is different from what he needs. You really gotta try both with weight to see which works best for your body.
I believe the new LT bag added a lot of the same pockets as the pro bag. At least in the videos and the description of the Pro 3600 vs the 4000LT they share a lot of the same pockets now. I get the fit thing. If I get one I'll load it down and wander around a bit, if its not right I'll send it back.
The frame and suspension fit is individual, but I personally like it. I didn't at first though - I actually hated the first one I had and got rid of it pretty quick. Then I found out there are two short straps that connect the bottom of the frame to the belt; once I made loosening those and retightening them each time I shouldered the pack, fit dramatically improved for me.

I've used the Pro 3600, LT 4000, and LT 5500 and didn't have any durability issues with any of them. I'm the reverse of the other poster; I greatly prefer the bag layout of the LT 4000 over the Pro 3600. I didn't care a lot for the lid on the 5500, but it was otherwise a good bag. Kuiu might have the best bag layouts (for me) of any pack company I've tried.

If you're not in a hurry to buy, they have a 30% off sale on packs at least once per year.
Good to hear, I'll pay attention to those straps for adjustment. I will be waiting for a sale, no big rush. Hopefully they put them on sale for Black Friday.
I've been using the Ultra 4000 bag for years now. I also have Ultra bags in 6000, 3000 and 1800. They are 160D fabric and have held up well down here in the Desert. I spend way more time Coues deer hunting than anything and the 4000 gets run through the brush far more than say elk hunting. The Pro LT looks to be 330D fabric so I wouldn't think you'd have any trouble durability wise there. I use the old Ultra suspension with the 1800 and the Pro suspension for the larger bags. The Pro is much improved for carrying weight and fits me well. The Ultra is perfect for a lighter elk run and gun pack and will still pack a game bag full of meat just fine.
Good to hear about the durability. Thanks for your input.

180ls1

WKR
Its held up well and I like it. I see no reason to get the heavier pro stuff.

My only consideration would be the 5500LT which has more space and a removable lid if you do week long or cold weather trips. My 4000 works great for day use and 1-3 night trips.