Kuiu Peloton 200 vs Pro Merino 200

Anyone had/have both? Which one is warmer? Looking for a good mid layer/outer layer when the temps start dropping a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have both. The Peloton 200 is warmer.

The Pro Merino is an excellent piece for a long stay in the backcountry. No stink, quick dry, and holds up well compared to most merino pieces. A perfect September layer or sheep hunting hoody. I consider it a premium Kuiu piece.

The Peloton 200 is pretty basic. Nothing fancy about it. It is warmer than the Pro Merino. I sewed a front handwarmer pocket to it to make it more like the classic hoody we all wore in junior high. I like it for October rifle hunts and will be taking it to the Yukon this September for moose.

For warmth and smell I would pick merino every time. If consistently wet like Alaska or under rain gear I go synthetic.

jd1006

WKR
I think the Peloton 200 is one of Kuiu’s better pieces. The Pro Merino is not warmer and the merino % is very low; so the the stink reduction depends on the person wearing it.

The Pro Merino is listed as 53% merino. Yes, stink will very greatly by individual. For example, nothing "polygiene " remotely works for me; but this 53% merino hoody is a very good no stink piece for me.