KUIU Pack Thoughts?

manitou1

WKR
I have settled on Kuiu Pro packs for my needs.
I like them so much I have three.

I use them a LOT here in WY, scouting, camping, deer/elk/antelope hunting... archery and rifle seasons.

That being said, I have found that packs are much like boots and unfortunately you have to go through a few to determine what works for you.

OP
I

iHunt3

FNG
Thanks all! I appreciate all the feedback and discussion. It looks like Kuiu May have a new pack coming out so I am going to wait and see what they release before making a decision.

Have been running a couple of different KUIU packs for close to 10 years. Had the original 1st gen Icon. It was ok, and definitely better than the Eberlestock I was using before that. I ended up breaking a stay several years ago and they replaced the entire pack with the current gen. Currently running the 6000CI bag. My brother picked up the pro lt with the 4000CI bag this year. The newer gen is much better and It handled my 85 lb packout just fine this year. Granted it wasn't long, but it was not uncomfortable at all.
packout1.jpg

Thanks all! I appreciate all the feedback and discussion. It looks like Kuiu May have a new pack coming out so I am going to wait and see what they release before making a decision.

What makes you think they have a new one coming out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
I

iHunt3

FNG
Good to know, I would 100% wait to see what they come out with then. I’m sure it will be legit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am definitely going to wait. No hurry, as September has come and gone for this year. Thanks @Zach Herold for the tidbit.

Drenalin

WKR
I've been a Kuiu pack hater in the past. I'm still not in love with them for heavier weight - for that I prefer Exo - but the Kuiu is/can be tolerable with loads. They really shine at normal hunting and backpacking weights, and the system is generally very well thought out. The 4000 LT is probably my favorite of all the bags I've tried across the 5 major pack brands I've tried, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Red33

FNG
I have both an Exo K4 and a Kuiu PRO 3600. Overall, the K4 is much better quality. However, for very light days, like day trips with under 15lbs of gear, I still take the Kuiu. I got the K4 because with anything over 30 lbs, the Kuiu was not friendly to my old ass. The K4 carries loads much better and while I can yank the lid off and run it light, I still sort of prefer the Kuiu for the light days just because of how comfortable and light it is. But looking back, for all of September, I used my Kuiu a total of about 3 days and used the K4 for about 20.

rclouse79

WKR
I would go with a company that specializes in packs like exo, kifaru, or stone glacier. I have had outstanding customer service experiences with exo and kifaru.