Kuiu… on Amazon!?

KUIU

KUIU Ultralight Hunting
Rokslide Sponsor
Was researching bino harness yesterday on google and an ad for the Kuiu Pro popped up at the top of the search, with a link to Amazon. Sure enough, there’s a Kuiu storefront. They don’t carry everything, but they have a few things. I decided what the heck and ordered the Bino harness from Amazon, figured the worst thing that happens is I return it to Amazon for a refund if it ends up being fake or sketchy.

The storefront is run by an E-commerce business from Utah, and it’s relatively new. All media and other marketing info looks legit too. Anyone else noticed or ordered Kuiu from Amazon?

KUIU currently has Guide PRO Jacket, Guide PRO Pant, Switchback Pant, PRO Bino Harness, and 4 accessories on Amazon. All other items are available at KUIU.com

Alpine4x4

FNG
Did you read some of the comments? Obviously, many are from those who never took Business 101, Marketing 101, or have any common business sense. If Kuiu didn’t need help selling the product, they would not have solicited Amazon to start with. Kuiu can’t even keep their own sizing consistent. The original Kuiu bino harness in size L fit a pair of Swaro EL 10x42 binos perfectly. The Pro bino harness in size L would hold the same binos, plus a sandwich.
Its not a bad option for them though. Its going to reach a bigger audience and with it being prime they will solicit more single item sales that dont meet their free shipping minimum on their main website.

Amazon is taking a 15% bite out of the sale......so maybe if they lower the prices by 15% they wouldn't need Amazons bullshit. Just watch, I guarantee Amazon will have an overseas manufacturer duplicate the product and it will be Amazon's brand, only cheaper. They do this with everything.

Amazon does collect a fee that is used to host and warehouse product, aka, operating cost.

Amazon offers higher visibility to a customer base and allows suppliers to place products closer to where consumers buy, giving the ability for faster shipping time.

Just because it's from Amazon doesn't mean it's a cheap knock-off.

If anyone is curious of what it takes to sell on Amazon, watch some of the tutorials they have on setting up a Seller's account.

It's not an "easy" process like listing something on ebay...

roadrunner, my older son does about 900K per year of sales of Amazon. been doing it since he was in college 20 years ago. started with $50 and grew it exponentially. Amazon knocks off a lot of products and competes with their sellers all the time, especially the past 4 or 5 years, including my son. It lowered his profits by a lot. I won't buy shit from Amazon because what they are doing to their sellers is just wrong.

roadrunner, my older son does about 900K per year of sales of Amazon. been doing it since he was in college 20 years ago. started with $50 and grew it exponentially. Amazon knocks off a lot of products and competes with their sellers all the time, especially the past 4 or 5 years, including my son. It lowered his profits by a lot. I won't buy shit from Amazon because what they are doing to their sellers is just wrong.
Sounds like you have sound reasoning and not debating your choice at all. Legit question though; would your son have had the same opportunity for sales without Amazon? You both want people to continue to buy his stuff through Amazon, right? It can be hard for buyers to know what products are legit and which are knockoffs, especially with so many drop shippers with identical products.