Kuiu Kutana sizing

Spikebuck

FNG
I am looking to purchase Kuiu Kutana solid pants for an upcoming Colorado 3rd season rifle hunt. I have the guides in 38, which fit fine, the attacks in 40 which are slightly tight in the waist but I understand will stretch. What size do I need in Kutana? 40 or 42? Everything I have read is that they run smaller than others.
thanks

TBHasler

WKR
I would order both, try them on and send the wrong one back. My Kutana’s in 32 fit a fair bit tighter than my Attacks in 32, but they fit and work and I wouldn’t order any other size - but ther is a difference in the “cut”/fit of both of my Kutanas.
They have “some” stretch to them, but a little less than attacks in the waistline IMO.
Good luck - once you dial the Kutanas in, they are a very worthwhile purchase.

TSAMP

WKR
32 in attacks fit like a bootcut Jean to me. Plenty of room in thigh/seat down the leg. The kutanas 32 fit like skinny jeans. The thigh seat area was snug for me. I went with 34s and am glad I did. I'm built like a 5'9 rectangle but have never considered my legs to be athletic. I buy slim dress pants.

JRS3

FNG
I wear 36”s in both the Kutana and Attacks. The Kutana feel like a more formed, cut fit where the Attacks are a bit more relaxed, but not baggy.

I bought a solid color of Kutanas in Bourbon, Buckskin, and Loden this past summer. The Loden fit tighter than the others FWIW.

All said and done, I really like the Kutana for all around hunting pants.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
My kutana fit is spot on at the waist but the legs are tighter than others.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
I recently bought both the Attacks and Kutanas in my size and think they fit similar in the waist, and true to size. That said I really prefer the Kutanas over the Attacks, as they aren't quite as baggy (skinny jeans is a bit over stated IMO) but really like the material and the cut.

Maz7869

FNG
It seems like the kutanas run the same as my attacks and tiburons but don’t loosen up as much in the waist, I’d say they feel half a size smaller if you’re relying on the stretch. I washed them a few times in a row and it softened them up a bit. I haven’t bought any attacks since I tried the kutanas.

These are some interesting responses. I am kind of a tweener between 32-34 and went with the 34s for the kutanas. They fit good on my thunder thighs and length but are actually a little loose in the waist for me. As mentioned before I'd get a couple different sizes and see which one fits best and send the other back.

I am looking to purchase Kuiu Kutana solid pants for an upcoming Colorado 3rd season rifle hunt. I have the guides in 38, which fit fine, the attacks in 40 which are slightly tight in the waist but I understand will stretch. What size do I need in Kutana? 40 or 42? Everything I have read is that they run smaller than others.
thanks
I Have the Attack pants in 38's that are a bit snugger than my Kutana in 38's. I also wear the Tiburon pants in 38, and love them... I may wear them to work every day now. But the Kutana seemed to fit just about the same as the Tiburon. I finally got the Attack, and the Tiburon in a tall size, and really like the extra length when I'm sitting.. That said, I'd order the Kutana's in the 40"

OP
S

Spikebuck

FNG
Sounds like the best plan is order both and return one. Strange that the same company’s pants can fit so erratically. Thanks.

OP
S

Spikebuck

FNG
Got the Kutana 40’s
They fit perfect, even looser than attacks. Like the cut of the Kutana better but I don’t think they will be warm enough for my Colorado 3rd rifle season hunt.

Stroke250

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Kutanas in 34 waist.
as well as all my other Kuiu pants with no issues(Tiburon,Axis,Sierra, etc ).