Kuiu/Kifaru

2012 Kuiu 7000 or Kifaru DT1 with XLT lid??? And why? Both are high quality, large volume, and pretty lightweight. Advantages and disadvantages of each.

Curtis C

WKR
Either pack should serve you well. I chose Kifaru for mine

Kifaru advantages.
Proven to be comfortable and durable.
Tons of optional accessories.
Kifaru disadvantages
You likely wont get one before season.
The addiction
A little heavy

Kuiu Advantages
The load sling being built into the pack
pockets features
Good color choices
Kuiu Disadvantages
you likely wont get one before season
comfort and durability may be an issue with the new company and design
The addiction

6t4nova

WKR
I'd go with the proven pack. I picked up my DT1 today and will have to say this thing looks bombproof! Its the most comfortable pack I've ever owned also. The KUIU packs look nice, but to me they have yet to be proven. Kifaru definitely knows what they are doing in the pack market. Just my thoughts.

Yukondog

WKR
I thought about it for a while. I really wanted to pick up the Icon but in the end went with a DT1. Decision came down to Kifaru is a proven pack. The suspension is amazing and feels great. The configurations are endless. I will use the timberline 1 bag for pack in trips and I can use the cargo panel for truck camping hunts. I added a back pouch and claymore to the panel to carry water, kill kit, 1st aid and survival gear. I use the cargo panel to train as well by carrying sand on my hikes.

Both packs are great. I wanted a one and done high end pack and the Kifaru allows me to expand without having multiple packs. Expensive but worth the coin. I love buying from small business owners. Both companies fit that bill, but Kifaru is 20minsa away. Had to support the local guy. KUIU has got a lot of my money already. Spreading it out a bit.

Matt

Lawnboi

WKR
Kifaru it would be for me. Because its proven.

Gona be hard to get a real response on the 7000 when nobody has a real season of hunting on it yet.... especially after the responses iv seen about last years icon, you just dont know.

Kuiu makes great stuff, and it would be worth a try, but kifaru is proven, ill be buying more kifaru packs, and more kuiu clothing.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman