Kuiu Kenai Pants Warmth

CJ_BG

FNG
I'm thinking of getting a set of Kuiu Kenai pants to layer under/over my regular hunting pants. They'll be for my Eastern whitetail hunting endeavors as my regular puffy pants for Western stuff are just too loud for close quarters whitetail hunts. I'll be hunting central/northern Pennsylvania, hiking in 1-2 miles and then possibly doing an all day sit. Temps likely to be mid 20s to mid 40s when I use the Kenai, maybe a bit colder on the low end. Would something like a kuiu attack be warm enough with the kenai or would you be looking at something with a decent fleece lining like the guides?

I’m always cold so i layer the Kenai with the guide pants. I really like my Kenai pants and glad to see Kuiu add them back into their offerings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump79

WKR
They are warm. However, they will not hold up to walking around out East. But if you put them on at the stand they'd be great.

Another option is heated baselayers. I have the Pnuma top and it was amazing last year. I think I'll get the bottom as well.

Maverick1

WKR
Kuiu Kenai pants are nice. Somewhat flexible. Relatively quiet. Good for sitting at camp or in a treestand. Face fabric is somewhat fragile and snag a bit here and there. Not durable enough to hike or hunt with any underbrush. Add about the same level of warmth as a heavy pair of sweatpants. Would not be warm enough by themselves to be stationary at 20 - 40 degrees for extended periods of time.

OP
C

CJ_BG

FNG
Kuiu Kenai pants are nice. Somewhat flexible. Relatively quiet. Good for sitting at camp or in a treestand. Face fabric is somewhat fragile and snag a bit here and there. Not durable enough to hike or hunt with any underbrush. Add about the same level of warmth as a heavy pair of sweatpants. Would not be warm enough by themselves to be stationary at 20 - 40 degrees for extended periods of time.
They'd be going on at the stand or under my other pants, would they do those temps under a fleece lined pant?

OP
C

CJ_BG

FNG
I’m always cold so i layer the Kenai with the guide pants. I really like my Kenai pants and glad to see Kuiu add them back into their offerings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How cold do you take that combo?