Kuiu Guide Jacket and vest

I have a chance to buy the guide jacket and vest for $150 (both). I would like to know opinions on them and if that's a good price to pay for them. They are lightly used in good shape. Thanks!

Juan_ID

WKR
Classified Approved
Quality is top notch, and it's to be used as a layering system and when used right it's as good as it gets for active hunting IMO. You won't be disappointed with KUIU in any way I wouldn't think... And good buy, that's a great deal!

Beastmode

WKR
Quality is great. I can't speak for the new stuff that is being made overseas, but really haven't heard anything bad. I use my vest all the time, glassing in the morning on warm days with my 185 top.

When it starts getting cold I use the guide jacket as an outer layer. It works great as a windbreaker and is really water repellent for what it is. It isn't rain gear though so being in the rqin for a long period of time you will get wet.

All in all a great product that I would highly recommend for that price.

OP
WyoBowhunter21
Thanks everyone. I just got some mediocre clothing from sportsmans for Christmas this year but this would pretty much make my layering system. I will take a harder look at it. What's your guys feeling on the vest? Is it a good piece of clothing or just added weight.

Beastmode

WKR
Thanks everyone. I just got some mediocre clothing from sportsmans for Christmas this year but this would pretty much make my layering system. I will take a harder look at it. What's your guys feeling on the vest? Is it a good piece of clothing or just added weight.

If you get a deal on it buy it. I use mine lots. In august when a jacket is to much but a shirt isn't enough. I usually dont bring both if im backpacking. But if doing day hunts I will bring both.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think you should buy it. Maybe you could just send me the info on the seller. ;)

J/K, I have both and use them a lot. the guide vest gets the nod in the early/mid season, and the jacket gets the nod when the snow gets deep. In fact, I have been wearing the jacket daily for the last couple months.

$150 for both is such a steal, I would wonder if they were actually stolen.

Maxhunter

WKR
Like everyone has said it's a great deal! I've used both since they came out and have nothing bad to say. It'll be money well invested!