KUIU Clothing Repair Options

rom828q

FNG
What type of repair options are out there for KUIU gear with minor tears or seams unstitching, other than who KUIU uses for repair? Even easy DIY fixes. Sent in a pair of Attacks for KUIU to warranty replace a zipper for me and there was a minor tear and a seam de-stitching that I was going to pay to have fixed at the same time, but the company quoted $100 to fix both spots. Not necessarily surprised with labor costs. Unfortunately doesn't make sense to fix, as I'll just buy a new pair of pants for near the same cost and wear the ones I have until they’re unwearable.

Last edited:
You can use something like tenacious tape on the underside to close up a rip and just slightly singe the loose threads on the top side (slightly). Dont go full flamethrower on it. Ive used it a few times on small rips in pants and it held up long enough to where the rest of the pant was ready to tap out anyway. Kuiu also sells Noso patches that go on the outside and will also hold up pretty well. They sell the patches in their camo and a few solid colors.

A seam destiching is a relatively easy fix if you or someone you know has a sewing machine. Either that or do it by hand. A seam destiching fix probably wouldnt cost much to bring to a tailor shop.

Axlrod

WKR
I have a little sewing shop about 5 min from my house. She has put zippers in a couple pairs of 3+ year old Kuiu pants that I wear everyday. I think she charges $12 each, turns them out in a couple days.
As far as seams, you can hand stitch them pretty easy.