Better clothes

Pdzoller

WKR
I stumbled across Fjallraven while looking at sweatshirts a couple weeks ago. I really liked the look of some of their clothing and decided to try them out. When my sweatshirt arrived I was extremely impressed with the design and quality. I immediately noticed the similarities between it and my high end hunting gear.

I currently own many garments from Sitka and Kuiu. I have been considering replacing my pants because of normal wear and tear. Not displeased with either company. I have been using a pair of Attacks and a pair of Mountain pants for years now and they both have been performers. I use the Attack pants for work and the Mountain pants for hunting as I feel the Mountain pants are more wind resistant and the Attacks are better for the arborist work that I do.

After buying the Fjallraven sweatshirt I decided to give the Vida pro ventilated pants a try. After some use in the same scenarios I would have worn the Mountain or Attacks in I absolutely prefer the Fjallraven pants. Time will tell but unless it’s for bow hunting, I doubt I’ll be using my Sitka or Kuiu gear nearly as much.

OP
Pdzoller

Pdzoller

WKR
What, specifically, did you like better about the pants over sitka and kuiu?
So far, better resistance to thorny brush and sharp rocks. Feels more wind resistant than either. Definitely more water resistance and I haven’t waxed them yet. I personally like the design better and features like the axe loop, dedicated knife pocket, how easy the knee pad access is, and built in gaiters.

They feel almost like a cross between Timberlines and a work pant with hip vents. If they hold up well enough they should make an excellent hunting/work pant. Since most of us don’t have a ton of money I really appreciate that kind of versatility.

Samson7x

WKR
So far, better resistance to thorny brush and sharp rocks. Feels more wind resistant than either. Definitely more water resistance and I haven’t waxed them yet. I personally like the design better and features like the axe loop, dedicated knife pocket, how easy the knee pad access is, and built in gaiters.

They feel almost like a cross between Timberlines and a work pant with hip vents. If they hold up well enough they should make an excellent hunting/work pant. Since most of us don’t have a ton of money I really appreciate that kind of versatility.

Cool, thanks for the response. I’m a huge fan of kuiu katanas but I may have to give them a try.