Kuiu Attacks or Prana Zions

Torn between the two for hunting Muleys in Utah. Attacks have more functionality (more pockets and vents) but are over twice the price of some Prana Zions. I would get the forest green in either pant, so I’m not worried about camo. Anybody used both or have recos?

IMO, Attacks are the better hunting pant, Pranas are the better everyday pant.

Thicker, near silent material, hip vents and better pockets make the Attacks my favorite hunting pant.
The Prana's are a lighter material for every day wear. I like both. I always hunt in the Attacks.

robie

WKR
I would say attacks are a better pant no matter the situation. I've got both, Paran's are fine but not near as comfortable as my Attack pants.

I have both, love both. I can't stand things in pockets so that isn't a consideration for me. I do love the "pit zips" in the attacks. I pretty much just wear both interchangeably. I have 2 pairs of each. Also have a pair of KUIU Chinooks that I really like as well.

Prana's are super thin and a little swishy. They'll work fine for 60 degrees and above.

I have attacks but don't really wear them. I hunt with the Guides 80% of the times and when it's really hot, I use the Tiburans

JasonWi

WKR
I own both pants and I'm very happy with both. If you can find the Zion on sale I've bought them down around $45-50 pair. IMO I don't feel the attacks are worth twice the cost of the Prana. The attacks are made with thicker material but I have worn the Prana below freezing with a merino bottoms on active hikes.

For an early season hunts the Prana will be what I wear this season

rklein

Lil-Rokslider
I'd mirror most of whats is said above. I have both and like both. That said, I always start a hunt wearing the Attacks, and then if i hunt enough days and the Attacks get funky enough I switch to the Zions.

OP
T
Thanks for all the suggestions! May get the Zions and test during Spring turkey and upgrade to the attacks if need be.

robie

WKR
I will add you can get the Zion's for very cheap if you aren't picky on colors.

I got mine for $45 each shipped from backcountry. For the price they are great but I wont' buy another pair. I will get another pair of attack pants.

Felix40

WKR
I like the zions. Its nice to have the built in belt and they are a lot cooler. Its that they are less than half price too. I think the attacks will be much better in late season though.

PMcGee

WKR
I have both and have worn the zions the last two archery elk seasons. I don’t think the zions are any tighter then my attacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rm06

WKR
Have both, my Attacks are pre-hip-zip so I can't speak to that. I also don't like stuff in my pockets so having more is not something I care about. I've had the Zions since 2015 and this is probably their last season, I wear them most by far and find them more versatile across a wider array of temperatures. The Attacks are still in pretty good shape but aren't worn much.

mmcdonough

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't had any experience with the Zions but I do own the attacks. I'd have to say they are the most comfortable pant I've ever worn. Got them in Loden so I could have the option of wearing them for casual use as well. I even wear them to work every now and then. They are worth every penny.

Armstrong

FNG
I have both. I like them both. The nod goes to the attacks. They are crazy comfortable and versatile. they are a bit too warm for early season. However the pranas are a great pant are at a great price point.