Kuiu Attack vs Tiburon suggestions

Looking at trying a pair of Kuiu pants that have side vents for letting heat escape.
Going to be used prmarily in the south where temps can vary greater than I like, for scouting, working on stand sites.

Got any real life reviews on both the Attack and Tiburon?
I got a pair of Attacks in 36 and they're a little snug in the waist. I'm 57 yrs. young and around 190lb semi-athletic build for my age, but may have to try a 38.
Thanks for any input.

jzeblaz

Lil-Rokslider
I have both of these and use them throughout the year depending on conditions/season. Early season (here that's August-temps high around 85) Tiburon is much more comfortable throughout the day, but some mornings the breathability can mean a breeze cuts right through. You don't see that with the Attack. Tiburon are a much lighter fabric, so perhaps not as resistant to moisture, but I haven't encountered inclement weather with them. Both are great, but their use case is generally pretty different in my mind. Attacks can go much deeper in the season and still are comfy, especially if you're moving. You may want a base layer if you are on a stand or mercury drops substantially. Both pants have vents that work great for dumping heat. Depending on the temp range you want, your decision should be pretty easy.

I haven't worn Tiburon, but I have a bunch of Attack and IMO they're way too hot to hunt in our normal conditions down here in Texas. I absolutely LOVE the Kutana stretch pants though, and they're rugged and hold up much better than the Attack.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't worn Tiburon, but I have a bunch of Attack and IMO they're way too hot to hunt in our normal conditions down here in Texas. I absolutely LOVE the Kutana stretch pants though, and they're rugged and hold up much better than the Attack.
+1 for Kutanas in Texas, very versatile. I only break out the Attacks now when the temps dip into the 40s.

Gman12

Lil-Rokslider
I have both and the Tiburons are awesome for warm weather. I wear them during spring turkey season and early bow season. You can feel the air move right through them. We hunt the opening week of archery season out west and it is usually cool in the mornings and warm for the afternoon hunt. I wear the Attacks in the morning and switch to the Tiburons in the afternoons.

JNDEER

WKR
These two pants are not really interchangeable unfortunately.

You can get more use out of the Tiburon pants if you also wear a base layer under the Tiburon pants. different thickness of base layers can also help with warmth- then easily zip off when it gets warmer during the day.

A pant in between these would be the alpine. May take some time getting use to the knee pad feel- but they would be an in between pant.

The size of the pants over the years, IMO have not fitted the same. I have 36 and 38 pants that I can wear and are similar in sizing.

WoodBow

WKR
I have both. Very different pants, as already stated. Attacks are not a pant I would wear above 70 degrees if i'm going to be hiking at all. I bought a pair of tiburons specifically for summer fishing so I don't sun burn and still get some air flow. They are great for that. Very comfortable pants.

Another vote for the kutana. They are kind of an in between of these two. They are easily my favorite pant i own. But it if its balls hot, I am going tiburon every time.

BBob

WKR
I wear Tiburon’s year round down here. If it’s cold enough I wear a base layer. My Attacks hang in the closet and haven’t seen the light of day in at least two years. Mby if someone draws a December cow tag and it snows I might wear them. I’ll second the most versatile paint is the Kutana but if it’s hot I’m wearing the Tiburon and I’m probably still going to wear them regardless. Tiburon fit is looser than the Kutana and part of why I like them better.

DosAmigos

FNG
Tiburon on days 70 or hotter and attack pants on 60’s or below. Both a great pants

JRS3

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt a lot in the low country of SC (August and September) and Florida.

The Kutanas are my favorite all around pants and use them mostly due to the abrasion resistance. The zips are nice too.

In very early seasons hunts where it’s 90F and hotter plus high humidity, I wear the Tiburon pants and heck, even the shorts at times on afternoons sitting in fixed stands. I used the pants during turkey season, especially in April when it warms up. They are nice and I haven’t ripped them yet but just prefer the Katana’s when I know I’m going to bust brush.

I like the Attack’s when it’s going to be <50F on active hunts. When sitting in 20-40F weather hunts, I reach for the Guide pants.

Mojave

WKR
Tiburon's breath like a screen door.

Attacks are hot for me in New Mexico 9 months of the year.

Attacks are comfortable but are too warm for warmer temperatures plus the material picks too easily. The Velcro look could provide a bit more pattern to break your outline.

Tiburons, at least the older version, are nice in the heat but allow anything with a point to go right through them.

Kutanas do well in the heat and are significantly more durable than the Attacks.

But this is just one person's experience where is it is warm at times.

Tiburon on days 70 or hotter and attack pants on 60’s or below. Both a great pants
welcome.

@DosAmigos nailed it. I have and like both. Tiburons are breezy in a good way but don’t serve well once the temps drop too much. Attacks start getting swampy about 70 for me.

fwiw I have to size up everything in kuiu. In the pants it is the seat and thighs that are too small. 38 goes to 40 In their pants and xxl goes to xxxl in their tops. I really like their gear and it has been a while since one of their pieces disappointed me.

OP
S
Thanks for al your replies. I'm goin go try the Tiburons first.
The whole side vent thing to me is going to be a great feature.

tclipse

Lil-Rokslider
Tiburon's breath like a screen door.

Attacks are hot for me in New Mexico 9 months of the year.
What would you be running in NM in February? I was planning on a base layer + Attacks for hiking/active, with Super Down Ultras to throw on when I glass. The temps vary a ton there so I'm struggling to dial in on what I should have to be ready.

nh85

FNG
Definitely tiburon like over 70/75, so much more air flow and breathable than attacks but worry that they won't hold up in the brush for very long

OP
S
Just remember all Kuiu pants run California male model slim in the waist, and seat area. I'm 5'10" and 190lbs fairly athletic build for 58 and I have to wear a pants size up. Length is fairly accurate. Neither should shrink so you consider that as well.
I have both and agree with Kutanas above 70 degrees if hiking any.
Good luck