KS Draw 2023

Fitzwho

WKR
Results are posted. I'm not seeing whether or not I was awarded the mule deer stamp or not.

edit: Checked my card and there's already a $150 credit on there. So whitetails only it shall be.

Richieber

FNG
Unsuccessful for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just out of curiosity, did you apply for archery, muzzleloader or firearms? I drew now 3 years in a row for archery, just trying to determine if that's normal or I'm extremely lucky.

OP
W

Wapiti

FNG
Just out of curiosity, did you apply for archery, muzzleloader or firearms? I drew now 3 years in a row for archery, just trying to determine if that's normal or I'm extremely lucky.

Muzzleloader

I was successful. First time hunting in KS. So, if I drew for my primary zone, but it shows my secondary zone as well with an A after it, that means I can hunt both, correct?

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

KBaird

FNG

Kansas doesn’t have a set quota for each weapon type. Everyone is in the same hat, and if drawn, you’re awarded a tag for the weapon you selected. It works for now because about 60% of the applicants apply for archery and that number has been growing since the inclusion of crossbows. Drawing every year was the norm not very long ago. Since Covid apps spiked and some units are getting harder without a point, but I don’t think any are filling up completely with 1+ point folks. So if you fill out all four choices and work the attached unit game your odds are likely still very good with no points.

I had 3 points and the system glitched when I paid (it was close to midnight). It charged my card but didn’t charge for 1 small thing that must’ve got taken off at checkout due to it being so close to the cutoff date/time. I had to contact the state and they were cool about refunding my $100+ but wouldn’t let me add the other $15 fee or whatever it was that it took off in order for me to draw. They also wouldn’t let me add a preference point which is whatever since I should draw next year anyway but overall really pissed at myself for waiting until the last second. This was definitely the year I was planning on going to Kansas and then Iowa next year. Now I gotta do both or choose one next year and find a substitute this year… thinking Indiana or Ohio but not sure. Good luck to those who drew a tag, especially in the best units/zones