Kryptek Gear?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looks like Aron is sporting their latest in his "live hunt"
Seen a few others posts here and there on other forums. Anyone else here using this stuff?

swat8888

WKR
I've heard their current stuff is a little on the heavy side but upcoming lines will be more tailored towards the lightweight hunter.

littlebuf

Banned
right now the only clothing you can kill stuff in is kuiu.it used to be sitka (its what i wear so im sure its tag soup for me this year) but if enough people see aron wearing kryptek then soon you will actually be able to harvest game in this gear.dont know if that was much help but i couldnt resist....

swat8888

WKR
That or you can run around the Brooks range in cotton real tree generic t-shirts and shoot 39 1/2" rams....lol. Definately the dedication not the clothing....granted the weather was beautiful.

bbrown

WKR
littlebuf - thats funny and very "true" to some. I admit I am a bit (or a lot) of a gear junky myself but we all need to keep the end result in mind.
On the other hand, I have never used or seen the KrypteK stuff so I have no idea. I will be running around in my "out dated" sitka stuff again this year.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
right now the only clothing you can kill stuff in is kuiu.it used to be sitka (its what i wear so im sure its tag soup for me this year) but if enough people see aron wearing kryptek then soon you will actually be able to harvest game in this gear.dont know if that was much help but i couldnt resist....

Now that is funny! Wasn't Aron wearing KUIU last year? :)

I just like to see the envelope pushed. Cabela's started it with microtek, Sitka took it a step further, KUIU came along and now folks are scrambling to keep up! Great news for us hunters! : )

Krypteks upside will be the ability to get it on big discounts at the end of the year at cabelas. I wear Kuiu, but sitka, russell, cabelas, kryptek will all do the trick. Get whatever you can get the cheapest and call it good.

I have first lite, Russel, Kuiu, and C4E gear in my clothing system.... I'm a bit confused and have an identity problem apparently.... ;-)

Mike

jmez

WKR
I have a bunch of it but won't get to use it for another couple weeks. Bought several pieces from Cabela's in late winter for 60% off. Have bought a few of the newer pieces this summer. Really like the fit and feel but haven't put it to the test. Hard to pass up at the prices they were selling at the end of the season.

KMT

WKR
I bought and hunted with their stuff last year for part of the archery season. I give their quality a D-, but their customer service an A. The button on their field pants fell off within an hour and the pockets are mostly useless. I have small hands, and they barely fit into their oddly placed pockets. Their rain pants couldn't stand up to walking through wet vegetation, and the rain jacket's hood had very poor adjustment capability. If you turned your head to the side, you would be looking at the inside of your hood. The field jacket worked great, though. It is the only piece that I didn't take back to cabellas. I told the company about my experience with their gear, and Josh (at Keyptek) said that they were going to make some changes for this year. I won't buy their stuff again though. I don't get that many days in the field and don't want to "hope" that my clothing will function correctly.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Keep in mind that Kryptek is still a very new company and has taken some amazing steps in development and is way ahead of competition when compared to others at this stage in their developement. I can only imagine how 2013 will impact the industry!

I am wearing nothing but the new 2012 Kryptek in the new Highlander camo pattern and I am loving it! I own every piece of the new stuff and have used every pc. The 2012 product is far better then that of 2011. The camo pattern is unlike anything I have ever seen and it has proven very effective for me numerous times on my elk hunt. It is some outstanding camo! The comfort and wear-ability is very very good as well, far more improved than 2011. Thus far I am very impressed and not dissapointed in the gear and the fit for me. I have wore everything out there and the Kryptek gets it done just as good if not better. It is not any heavier when comparing the same type of garments with other companies. I look forward to wearing this stuff for a long time! Very impressed!

To add to it, the customer service is top notch compared to the other clothing companies as well! There is a lot to be said about that!

I bought and hunted with their stuff last year for part of the archery season. I give their quality a D-, but their customer service an A. The button on their field pants fell off within an hour and the pockets are mostly useless. I have small hands, and they barely fit into their oddly placed pockets. Their rain pants couldn't stand up to walking through wet vegetation, and the rain jacket's hood had very poor adjustment capability. If you turned your head to the side, you would be looking at the inside of your hood. The field jacket worked great, though. It is the only piece that I didn't take back to cabellas. I told the company about my experience with their gear, and Josh (at Keyptek) said that they were going to make some changes for this year. I won't buy their stuff again though. I don't get that many days in the field and don't want to "hope" that my clothing will function correctly.

What year of camo are you using KMT?

Vandal 44

WKR
I bought the new Kryptek Vhallah (spelling) pants and sent them back. I ordered the 38" waist and 35" inseam, they where a to big in the waste and very tight in the thighs. I like how light the fabric was I think they would be very good for early season.

jmez

WKR
I was happy with mine on a Co hunt. I used the Alaios hunting shirt, Blockade rain gear and Vidar Scout vest.

The shirt held up well hunting in nasty stuff. It runs small IMO, though I don't like a compression or tight fit to my clothes. I bought one size bigger than normal and this fit me right. The weight was good for mid Sept in high country when worn over Merino base layer. Wasn't too hot and only needed the vest early am and late evening. No tears or snags, really like the tall or extnded neck, can zip it up high or leave it down like a collar. Keeps straps and call strings from wearing on the back of your neck. The sleeve pockets are a gimmick, you need to bite the sleeve to get them unzipped and then pull the sleeve down and hold onto it to get it zipped back up. I don't really need pockets on my sleeves so doesn't bother me. Dries quickly if you get it wet. Nice product.

Vidar Vest, good warmth to weight ratio. Very packable. Was perfect early am and evening over the hunting shirt. Quiet fabric and fits well. No durability issues.

Koldo Raingear: I like it. Quiet, low knap material. Light to pack and very compressible. Material does not hold water, beads up and runs off, does not get heavy and feel as if it has to be shaken out. Dries very quickly. No leaks noted. The hood was metioned in an earlier post and it does not have a draw string. I don't use or like a hood so this isn't an issue for me, I would prefer it didn't have one and will likely cut it off. Pit vents are a nice feature in helping with ventilation and keeping you a little cooler.