Kratos or Kelvin jackest?

I'm looking at buying a new insulated jacket (in the next 2 days) and haven't been able to make up my mind between these two. The reason I narrowed it down to these two? Well they are on the rack down at the local store and I'm leaving for a Idaho muley hunt Friday morning.
Talk about procrastination at its prime.

I like the Kryptek but can't find a listed weight?

Thoughts?

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've owned the Kelvin for several years. It is a great jacket for temps down into the 20's.I have nothing bad to say about it. Dont own the kryptek so cannot comment.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I just picked up a Kratos and I have a Kelvin vest. I'll weigh my jacket and give ya overall thoughts on the Kratos when I get my hands on it and use it for the up coming week of deer hunting.

Floorguy

WKR
After seeing the Kratos in person I am going to sell my spindrift and get the Kratos if that helps at all

OP
actionshooter
Thanks, guys
I'm going to look at them in the store (again).
I'll post up my thoughts on either one when I decide.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The biggest difference between the two is that the Kratos has a stretchy material under the arms that allows for more layering and mobility when needed. The Kratos is slightly lighter than the Kelvin.

Floorguy

WKR
Why Toray's? What about Brooks Range or Sierra Designs? There were articles about their treated down last January there was a 3rd company that had also developed a treated down that wasn't Kuiu as well.

As for me I don't trust the treatment to last.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Why Toray's? What about Brooks Range or Sierra Designs? There were articles about their treated down last January there was a 3rd company that had also developed a treated down that wasn't Kuiu as well.
As for me I don't trust the treatment to last.

Nice to hear more and more folks are working the technology. Be curious to know if there is a way to "recharge" the down if it were to fade..

les welch

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've been using the Kelvin a lot and it has become a go to piece of gear this time of year. Love it.

SDHNTR

WKR
The Kelvin Jacket is the warmest and lightest layering garment I've ever worn. I love it!