Knight UL vs Cva accura mr x

huntsd

WKR
Looking to pull the trigger on my first muzzle loader. I’m down to these 2 model would love input. I’m also torn between 50 and 45 cal. Seems like finding bullets for 45 cal will be more challenging

-will never have a scope on it
-I hunt Colorado and Idaho (looks like Cva has a $40 piece to make it Idaho legal)
- I just hunt deer

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Robbo857

Lil-Rokslider
The MR-X comes in a Northwest legal version and also includes a second breach plug for 209 primers. This is what I have and no complaints.

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
Get the Knight Ultralite, there has been quality issues with the MR-X. I have the MR-X in 45, it is choked at the muzzle and bore size bullets will have no resistance once pass the choked area. I asked CVA about this and they consider it a non-issue. CVA recommends sabot or powerbelt only in the 45. There also has been a couple people saying the 50cal is the same.

I also now have a Woodmans arms patriot and Knight Ultalite both way above quality over the CVA.

No brainer - Get the Knight. Lots of guys getting CVA lemons these days. Here’s just one of many guys complaining:

Dented

WKR
I can't speak to the CVA, but I've got the Knight and love it. Get the breach plug mod from Bestill, read everything you can find from Sabotloader, burn whatever powder you can and go make smoke. 😁

Hell, I run through boxes of .490 balls and cheap cleaning patches soaked in olive oil just for giggles. It's slow shooting but oooooooohhhh is it fun!

Looking to pull the trigger on my first muzzle loader. I’m down to these 2 model would love input. I’m also torn between 50 and 45 cal. Seems like finding bullets for 45 cal will be more challenging

-will never have a scope on it
-I hunt Colorado and Idaho (looks like Cva has a $40 piece to make it Idaho legal)
- I just hunt deer

Any input would be greatly appreciated
Fyi, CO requires a minimum 50 cal. for hunting big game with a muzzy.

OP
huntsd

huntsd

WKR
No brainer - Get the Knight. Lots of guys getting CVA lemons these days. Here’s just one of many guys complaining:

So the barrels arnt the right size?

Yes. Sounds like lots of issues with inconsistent (poorly made) bores among the other fit/finish issues that CVA is well known for.

OP
huntsd

huntsd

WKR
After doing research they both seem like poor options. You can’t get a hold of knight and Cva has a barrel issues

stevie

Lil-Rokslider
In Novenber i purchased a stock and barrel assembly on sale (2 orders) from Knight. They were responsive via email and quick on sending my order.

Sandstrom

WKR
Midway USA has the .45 knight UL Colorado in stock. $980.99 free shipping.
Ryan