Knife on bino harness?

180ls1

WKR
Is anyone carrying a knife on/in their bino harness? I was thinking a fixed blade may be great there for self defense as well as field use.

Bonus if you have any pics. I run the Kuiu harness.

A knife on your bino harness for self defense?

I have put one on my pack straps before, because it's easy to get to with my pack off.

OP
180ls1

180ls1

WKR
A knife on your bino harness for self defense?

I have put one on my pack straps before, because it's easy to get to with my pack off.

Yes. Somewhere easy to grab if I am archery hunting and tangle with a cat/bear. Self defense isn't the primary purpose but quick/easy access would be nice.

Great question/topic! I have thought about this too. It would be handy to having something like a small fixed blade like a Esee Izula on the bino harness somewhere. Easy to reach yet out of the way. I run a Marsupial harness and there is a pocket on the backside that would probaly fit a knife although I have not tried it yet.

Yes, just a simple folder that clips onto the molly. I never take my binos off while hunting, but I do drop my pack for stalks and to hike up to certain vantage points. If something happened to my pack, I want at least the basics on me at all times, so a knife, lighter, thumb roll flint igniter, two wet fires, and short paracord woven into the molly, are in/on my bino harness at all times. Rag wool gloves and an e-blanket never leave my cargo pocket.

11boo

WKR
Great question/topic! I have thought about this too. It would be handy to having something like a small fixed blade like a Esee Izula on the bino harness somewhere. Easy to reach yet out of the way. I run a Marsupial harness and there is a pocket on the backside that would probaly fit a knife although I have not tried it yet.
IMG_9388.jpeg

jzeblaz

WKR
I have a small caping knife the back pouch that is against your chest, flat. I can't feel it. I also have a skinning knife on the one of the straps. This is on a Marsupial harness. I had a Kuiu for a long time before it got chewed a few times by critters in the woods.

No. Never have. I usually have a good locking folder clipped to my pocket all the time. For most things I prefer a fixed blade but the convenience of a folder is nice.

Todd P

FNG
Great topic. I have seen more and more fixed blades being attached to the Bino harness straps on Youtube videos. I currently run a Pro M, using the Kydx belt clip, I slide it in the back pouch.
Those above, thanks for the pics, great visuals

Elcy

FNG
I'll preface my questions with this: I've never hunted outside of AZ where its legal to carry a pistol during an archery hunt.

Why not carry a pistol? Is that not legal everywhere?

Taudisio

WKR
I also run a kuiu, I got the accessory pocket for the bottom that Velcro’s on. Not my favorite method of attachment but it has never caused me an issue. I carry a minimalist survival kit in there because I never take it off, but I have left my pack behind on occasion. It has a folding titanium scalpel knife and 3 blades (nitecore NTK05 and size 11 scalpel blades) a lighter/fire tinder in a ziplock, a micro headlamp (petzl e+ lite, has been used more than once and saved my ass but I want to replace it with a different one) zip ties, tags, a pen, earplugs, spare battery for my rangefinder and a spare for the headlamp.