Knife making class

Randle

WKR
We just got back from a fundraiser for Grandkids school and my wifey bid and won a package that has a 2 night condo stay for us and 2 person knife making class like Forged in Fire.
Always thought it might be cool to try.
Anyone dabble in knife making as a beginner?
Tons of knives out there to try a make, now to start thinking about blade shape.
It will be for hunting of course any ideas ?

survivalistd

Lil-Rokslider
I took my sons to a class on forging as a Christmas gift. We had such a great time. We did not make knives yet. 20200209_145142.jpg20200209_160134.jpgIMG_1723.jpg20200209_145155.jpg

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Forging is addictive… be careful! 😂
I started off just planning to play with it five years ago… now it is a mighty fun hobby in the off season!
Classes range widely in price and depth. If you want to wind up with a functional knife from a two day class, I recommend Mike Diebert in the Birmingham AL area.

C99DF948-617D-42DA-AA42-271F69DEBACD.jpeg

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Did a lot with mountain man rendezvous in scouts. A simple blacksmith patch knife is what I would start with.

I made lots of spoons and hooks with Boy Scouts. For advanced sessions, I made flint and steel strikers. The few who really wanted to keep going would make a cool flint and steel striker knife. It used steel for the handle like the blacksmith knife, so it was done quick.

Something like this.

IMG_8085.png

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Forging is addictive… be careful! 😂
I started off just planning to play with it five years ago… now it is a mighty fun hobby in the off season!
Classes range widely in price and depth. If you want to wind up with a functional knife from a two day class, I recommend Mike Diebert in the Birmingham AL area.

View attachment 770417
Beautiful knives

Mojave

WKR
I make knives, but I cut them out of stock instead of forging. It is a great hobby. I made a couple with my father and they are prized possessions.