Knee pads - always too low

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
Yup. I'm returning them and trying something else. Probably without knee pads. The SG DHL are so long too, not sure I want to hem a pair of $180-pants...
The problem with hemming is it won't bring up the knee pads. You would have to cut and hem them above the knee to bring up the pads.

OP
S

seww

WKR
The problem with hemming is it won't bring up the knee pads. You would have to cut and hem them above the knee to bring up the pads.
That too. The hemming would just be because they're so long. But nope, won't help with the knee pad problem...
Talk about a luxury problem!

Yup. I'm returning them and trying something else. Probably without knee pads. The SG DHL are so long too, not sure I want to hem a pair of $180-pants...
I know your pain, I hemmed a pair, it didn’t work very well. Then I bought a smaller pair, they definitely fit better, but the knee pad issue still persists. I was thinking of trying a pair of the lightweight ones hoping the sizing was different, but it doesn’t sound like it.

OP
S

seww

WKR
I know your pain, I hemmed a pair, it didn’t work very well. Then I bought a smaller pair, they definitely fit better, but the knee pad issue still persists. I was thinking of trying a pair of the lightweight ones hoping the sizing was different, but it doesn’t sound like it.
Yeah and it turns out that it's really hard to extend your legs between the waist and knees! :)

I saw that Kuiu offer a short inseam on their pants, gonna try that, but without knee pads.

Plainsman79

Lil-Rokslider
I got mine in the Walmart sports section for like $10. They’re removable, washable, and adjustable. When I don’t need them they either go in the pack or around my calves. I’m going season 4 with them and haven’t had any issues.

OP
S

seww

WKR
I got mine in the Walmart sports section for like $10. They’re removable, washable, and adjustable. When I don’t need them they either go in the pack or around my calves. I’m going season 4 with them and haven’t had any issues.
Nice, I see there are many models! Like volleyball pads, that would work!

LostArra

WKR
Volleyball knee pads are the simple solution. Just make sure you get the more recent style which is very low profile. Most of the pads found in local sporting goods are for women and could be too tight on your calf. One of my elk hunting friends wears his 40 year old wrestling knee pads. They are quite the sight.

OP
S

seww

WKR
Volleyball knee pads are the simple solution. Just make sure you get the more recent style which is very low profile. Most of the pads found in local sporting goods are for women and could be too tight on your calf. One of my elk hunting friends wears his 40 year old wrestling knee pads. They are quite the sight.
Hahaha he better wear them on the outside too! I could get my old hockey shin guards out, protect my entire leg from snake bites too!

I second the army combat pants. They come in a ton of sizes and lengths and can be found really cheap (sub $20 if you’re lucky). They accept a lot of aftermarket knee pads including crye. The tag on the inside should just say “Army Combat Pant”, if it doesn’t, you’re looking at another kind of ACU trouserimage.jpg