KISS (no, not the band)

In the keep it simple category, what item/piece of gear in your hunting tool box is something that just flat out works and you see no reason to ever replace it with something new/different?

I’ll start :). I have an old Federal .22 container (similar to a modern day plastic tobacco container) that I’ve used to carry my elk diaphragms for many, many years. I place round pieces of paper towels I’ve cut inside to 1. soak up any moisture from the reeds and 2. to keep the reeds in place (no rattling around). I carry back up reeds down a few layers in the paper towels.

How about you? What’s that one piece of gear you have that will probably never change from/replace?

Attachments

• 05323D10-D36E-428D-979D-ED5472F85801.jpeg
    05323D10-D36E-428D-979D-ED5472F85801.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 29
Fire starters. Vaseline rubbed cotton balls or paraffin dipped rolled up newspaper tied with a bit of cotton string. Just like I made in cub scouts decades ago

My buck cross lock knives.
Sure there's alot lighter and fantasy things these days.
Bit my brother bought one for my birthday and the other was mil issued.

OP
Wapititalk1
My buck cross lock knives.
Sure there's alot lighter and fantasy things these days.
Bit my brother bought one for my birthday and the other was mil issued.
Ha, I hear ya. I have a Schrade Uncle Henry lock blade, from the late 70s, guaranteed against “loss”, I kid you not. Way too heavy to carry on most hunts tho. A great knife that’s dressed out elk, deer, bear and more than a bunch of fur bearers trapping in the Big Sky State back in the day.