Kings XKG 2P summit tent

MrGallop

FNG
I am in the market for an earlier season lightweight tent. Preferably 2 man and not wanting to go tipi style. I've spent a couple hours reading all the different reviews on here and thought I had it narrowed it down to KUIU, BA, and 1 or 2 others until I came across this Kings XKG Summit tent.
I think this a fairly new offering from them but has anyone had a chance to try one of these out? Weight seems good, comes with a footprint, and materials seem to be on par or above when compared to some of the other lite weight options.
Seems like a great price especially if I wait until they have a 20% off sale.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

BLM4

FNG
Not to bring up a real old topic, but in case you are still in the research phase, I was in the same boat and I too found the xkg summit. One of these days once I’ve had a chance to strenuously test it I’ll offer better feedback but I purchased the tent during their Black Friday sales for 30% off. I’m 6’4, 210lbs and don’t feel claustrophobic in this setup. Have not seen it in high winds yet, but set up is easy, anchors are well built and once it’s all tethered in it feels solid. Hoping to get it on a back country bear hunt here in the next few weeks, and then a few multi day hiking trips with the wife later this spring.
With what I’ve seen so far though, would definitely buy again especially if you can catch a good sale.

I am in the market for an earlier season lightweight tent. Preferably 2 man and not wanting to go tipi style. I've spent a couple hours reading all the different reviews on here and thought I had it narrowed it down to KUIU, BA, and 1 or 2 others until I came across this Kings XKG Summit tent.
I think this a fairly new offering from them but has anyone had a chance to try one of these out? Weight seems good, comes with a footprint, and materials seem to be on par or above when compared to some of the other lite weight options.
Seems like a great price especially if I wait until they have a 20% off sale.
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I'm also looking to pick up this tent for me and my son. It really looks like a nice tent.

Not to bring up a real old topic, but in case you are still in the research phase, I was in the same boat and I too found the xkg summit. One of these days once I’ve had a chance to strenuously test it I’ll offer better feedback but I purchased the tent during their Black Friday sales for 30% off. I’m 6’4, 210lbs and don’t feel claustrophobic in this setup. Have not seen it in high winds yet, but set up is easy, anchors are well built and once it’s all tethered in it feels solid. Hoping to get it on a back country bear hunt here in the next few weeks, and then a few multi day hiking trips with the wife later this spring.
With what I’ve seen so far though, would definitely buy again especially if you can catch a good sale.
Did this ever pan out to be a good tent? Good sale on camo fire for it today and was looking for one since my tent got a bunch of pinholes and bent poles from a wildfire. They put us on a old rocky rodeo area and a windstorm came through

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
You guys have any reviews after using for a few years? Not finding a ton of info on this tent.

Curhunter

FNG
I've used this tent in upper 20's and light snow thru summer camping. So far I like it for what it is, good space for a single person. Wouldn't use it in full winter conditions. Haven't been hit with any heavy winds but plenty of rain with no leaks yet. It sets up nice and I'm sure it will hold up in wind.

I did replace the stakes with MSR. The double vestibule is nice. I use one for my entry and put my pack under the other one.