Kings XK7

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been fairly impressed with King's newish line, they seem to have made a nice leap into modern "technical" hunting clothes and at a decent price. I have a good variety of other high end brands and i feel they are competing fairly well. I like the 1/4 zip xk7 synthetic and boulder jacket a lot. Anyone else have anything good or bad to say? Gohunt seems to be advertising them recently too.

Rob5589

WKR
I'm happy with everything I own from them. They also have a women's line which my daughter wears. Bonus is I get a good discount through Guidefitter.

dct73

FNG
I have been real happy with Kings XKG Windstorm rain jacket. I like the fit and quiet material. Breathes pretty good also. If I don't have a down puffy in my pack, I usually have the Kings Thermolite jacket. It's warm, packs down small, and breathes well.

OP
ZRob97

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
I'm happy with everything I own from them. They also have a women's line which my daughter wears. Bonus is I get a good discount through Guidefitter.
I use Guidefitter as well and it’s great! The women’s line is pretty solid also, I’ve gotten a few pieces for my girlfriend.

I have been real happy with Kings XKG Windstorm rain jacket. I like the fit and quiet material. Breathes pretty good also. If I don't have a down puffy in my pack, I usually have the Kings Thermolite jacket. It's warm, packs down small, and breathes well.
I'm interested in that thermolite but I'm trying to figure out if it would be quieter than my aerolite. I love my aerolite but it's not the quietest on a cold calm day

Ive been fairly impressed with King's newish line, they seem to have made a nice leap into modern "technical" hunting clothes and at a decent price. I have a good variety of other high end brands and i feel they are competing fairly well. I like the 1/4 zip xk7 synthetic and boulder jacket a lot. Anyone else have anything good or bad to say? Gohunt seems to be advertising them recently too.
I love my King's camo. The preacher pants with the side vents and knee pads are terrific.

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a huge fan as well. The lone peak pants for super cold are fantastic. Have the preacher pants and new draft pants and have nothing but good things to say. Preacher pants are as good of an all around pant as any out there IMO. I have yet to try the ridge pant but they seem to be another favorite.

dct73

FNG
I consider the King's XKG thermolite jacket on sale for $50 a steal. I normally have my thermolite jacket on under an outer layer, so I haven't been concerned about noise. However, it is a soft thin polyester shell. I suspect it is not much different than the Sitka with them both being lightweight polyester. It has a little bit of that nylony noise, just not near as loud as nylon. I don't have an aerolite to compare it to. If I'm not mistaken, the aerolite has a hood, the thermolite does not have a hood.

OP
ZRob97

ZRob97

Lil-Rokslider
Ive used the preacher pants the last few days for AZ OTC deer and have really liked them, threw the thermolite on at night but mainly just used as a pillow so far with it being in the 60s at night hah.

Joey D

FNG
Curious what temps that jacket is good for. Thank you

Ive used the preacher pants the last few days for AZ OTC deer and have really liked them, threw the thermolite on at night but mainly just used as a pillow so far with it being in the 60s at night hah.
And with the quiet fabric I bet it does a great job at that!

dct73

FNG
Curious what temps that jacket is good for. Thank you
I'm in Wisconsin doing mostly stand hunts for whitetail, maybe a bit of coyote. And I'm a little old so I get cold easy. I'd say into the 30's for me. If I'm active and wearing my normal base layers and a wind breaker, I think I'd be comfortable in the teens. The wind cuts through it pretty easily, so it's definitely a mid layer if it's cold and windy.

Joey D

FNG
I'm in Wisconsin doing mostly stand hunts for whitetail, maybe a bit of coyote. And I'm a little old so I get cold easy. I'd say into the 30's for me. If I'm active and wearing my normal base layers and a wind breaker, I think I'd be comfortable in the teens. The wind cuts through it pretty easily, so it's definitely a mid layer if it's cold and windy.
Thank you! Just ordered one for $60 pretty much a steal.