Kings camo xkg paramount rain jacket

KClark91

FNG
Looking at getting a new hardshell rain jacket. I currently use a thin rei and Columbia jacket but it is not durable and doesn’t hold up in heavy rain. I get a discount with Kings and their paramount jacket looks like it will be perfect at half the cost of the kuiu jackets I was looking at. Anyone recommend the kings paramount?

OP
K

KClark91

FNG
Does the jacket have pit zips?
No the jacket does not. It’s about the only thing it is missing but for $100 it’s very nice quality. The pants do have side zips if you buy the set. Tried them for 5 minutes in the shower and was completely dry.

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
ordered the set this last night thanks to this thread. Already shipped. Seems to be lighter and more packable than my Koldo set, so we'll see.

Looking at getting a new hardshell rain jacket. I currently use a thin rei and Columbia jacket but it is not durable and doesn’t hold up in heavy rain. I get a discount with Kings and their paramount jacket looks like it will be perfect at half the cost of the kuiu jackets I was looking at. Anyone recommend the kings paramount?
What size did you order and how is the fit? and what is your height/weight/build? Been wanting to get the set but just can't decide on which size.

OP
K

KClark91

FNG
What size did you order and how is the fit? and what is your height/weight/build? Been wanting to get the set but just can't decide on which size.
I’m 6’2 about 225. I ordered xl in both the pants and jacket. The pants don’t have quite as much room to layer but can still make them work over my kuiu attack pants just a little snug. For the price on clearance I don’t think you can go wrong with them. I’m happy with them.

Last edited:

3Esski

Lil-Rokslider
I received my order yesterday, not disappointed. Xl pants L jacket, 6'4 200lbs and while I prefer my jackets to be LT, this fits pretty well and room to put pants over whatever I am wearing at the time.