Kimber Montana or Tikka T3x Superlite

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
i could live with that out of a factory rifle.

Sarcasm?

You do realize that 1 MOA at 400 yards is 4.2”... Most custom and even dedicated bench guns would be absolutely thrilled with this grouping.

The rifle that shot this group at 400, weighs 7 lbs 11 oz scoped and full of ammo. That’s just honestly ridiculous accuracy.

Sled

WKR
Sarcasm?

You do realize that 1 MOA at 400 yards is 4.2”... Most custom and even dedicated bench guns would be absolutely thrilled with this grouping.

The rifle that shot this group at 400, weighs 7 lbs 11 oz scoped and full of ammo. That’s just honestly ridiculous accuracy.

yes, your sarcasm meter is catching up. i am familiar with minute of angle (1.047" @100yd) but prefer MRAD since i use it for work. i do like those groups. i'd be happy if my kimber would do 4" at 400 yards with 2 shots. i do have a factory target rifle that surprises most folks that get to see it shoot at distance.

Headhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve owned one Tikka SL in 260. Shot well
I own/owned numerous Kimber Montana’s
Tikka’s are probably less finicky than Kimbers when trying different factory loads.
I love the CRF and feel of a Kimber

Cowboythunder

Lil-Rokslider
I always come back to the Tikkas. I love my superlite 7-08. Taking it along on a bighorn sheep hunt this year. It’s the perfect mountain rifle at 7 lbs scoped.

turley

Lil-Rokslider
I went back and forth between the Tikka T3X Lite and Kimber Montana late last year. After handling both the Montana just felt, to me, better balanced and seemed to fit better. The main reason I went back and forth were the negative reviews regarding the Montana (or Kimber in general). In the end I went with what I was comfortable with and took into account numerous senior members who have had great luck with their Kimber rifles. Additionally, I asked the on-line gunshop for the serial number on the rifle and contacted Kimber to make sure it was a new verse new/old stock rifle.....turned out it was manufactured in March 2019.....so I made the purchase and am more than satisfied with its performance.

Saw a Kimber Montana in the flesh for the first time today. The ergos are great - such a nice stock. I never have felt like Tikkas were a great fit ergonomically, but I've made it work. A Tikka in a Montana stock would be a nice setup.

jt4

WKR
I have both (lite not super lite). Tikka with the vertical grip is really nice, but I’m with above if I could get the Montana stock on the tikka it would be ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cowboythunder

Lil-Rokslider
Now, I’m using a Leupold Vx-3 2.5-8x36. It is a nice compliment to the rifle and adequate for the 7-08 under normal hunting conditions.