Kimber Adirondack/Montana stock swap?

Has any body swapped stocks on these two rifles? I'm buying an Adirondack in 7mm-08, but I really like solid colors and the coarse grainy feel of the Montana stocks. If there is anybody in the Anchorage/Mat-Su area that has a short action Montana that would prefer an Optifade Elevated II stock let me know. Thanks.

Not answering your question, my apologies, but have you handled an Adirondack stock ? I quite like the feel of mine, even if it isn't the most durable finish.

Has any body swapped stocks on these two rifles? I'm buying an Adirondack in 7mm-08, but I really like solid colors and the coarse grainy feel of the Montana stocks. If there is anybody in the Anchorage/Mat-Su area that has a short action Montana that would prefer an Optifade Elevated II stock let me know. Thanks.

I would just see Paul at Alaska Hydrographics and have him dip it into whatever color or graphics you want and then put a grippy clear coat on the outside of that. I have done that with all my Kimber stocks.

RCA, I have only handled the Mountain Ascent stock, which i assume feels the same as the Adirondack. Nice tacky grip to it. But I recently got my hands on a Montana in the older gray stock and really liked the feel of it better. More coarse and gritty. I'm wanting the best of both worlds I guess.

Luke, thanks. I actually talked to Paul today and got a lot of great info from him. Is there a gunsmith in AK that you would recommend for, say, cutting and re-crowning a Montana? I found a Montana that is a couple years old, before the pea green stocks, and it weighed 5lb 1/2 oz. But I like the additional features of the Adirondack, i.e., already cut to 18", fluted bolt, hollow bolt, ect...

RCA, I have only handled the Mountain Ascent stock, which i assume feels the same as the Adirondack. Nice tacky grip to it. But I recently got my hands on a Montana in the older gray stock and really liked the feel of it better. More coarse and gritty. I'm wanting the best of both worlds I guess.

Luke, thanks. I actually talked to Paul today and got a lot of great info from him. Is there a gunsmith in AK that you would recommend for, say, cutting and re-crowning a Montana? I found a Montana that is a couple years old, before the pea green stocks, and it weighed 5lb 1/2 oz. But I like the additional features of the Adirondack, i.e., already cut to 18", fluted bolt, hollow bolt, ect...

A cut/recrown is about as simple as it gets for most gunsmiths and anyone can usually do them. That said I use Derrick Moffitt at Last Frontier Custom Guns for most of my rifle work these days. He has done a couple/cut crown for me as well as thread barrels for me as well.

Back