WTB Kimber 8400 LA

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Looking for a synthetic/stainless Kimber 8400. Caliber is not important but it has to be a long action, magnum bolt face.

No wood. No blued. Not the tactical version either.

If anyone comes across one please let me know. Building a unicorn for guiding peninsula bears.

Thanks in advance 👍🏼

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Go on......

Sorry don't have one for you, but curious and want to hear what you're building!
It'll essentially be a Talkeetna but in .375 Ruger instead of H&H. On the peninsula most of our guides and the bulk of clients shoot that round. I'll have the smith lighten it where it makes sense. Barrel will be 20" with irons on it.

My other guide gun is a Kimber 8400 in .300WM with a thin 20" barrel that's been collared up to 5/8" threads so my suppressor screws on when needed/wanted. Be fun to have twins to take on each of my adventures.

Both guns will have my 3-9 SWFAs on them. I've liked that scope on my .300 pretty well so far.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It'll essentially be a Talkeetna but in .375 Ruger instead of H&H. On the peninsula most of our guides and the bulk of clients shoot that round. I'll have the smith lighten it where it makes sense. Barrel will be 20" with irons on it.

My other guide gun is a Kimber 8400 in .300WM with a thin 20" barrel that's been collared up to 5/8" threads so my suppressor screws on when needed/wanted. Be fun to have twins to take on each of my adventures.

Both guns will have my 3-9 SWFAs on them. I've liked that scope on my .300 pretty well so far.
You end up finding what you were looking for in a donor rifle to make into a unicorn yet?

OP
SLDMTN

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You end up finding what you were looking for in a donor rifle to make into a unicorn yet?
Took a stick to the eye guiding a brown bear hunt this spring and I got sidetracked. It’s still the plan but it’s on the back burner.

The hunt it’ll be used for opens odd year falls and even year springs, so I have some time before I need it.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Took a stick to the eye guiding a brown bear hunt this spring and I got sidetracked. It’s still the plan but it’s on the back burner.

The hunt it’ll be used for opens odd year falls and even year springs, so I have some time before I need it.
Damn. Hope you're doing ok/recovering!

Copy that on hunt timing, when you get all healed up and if are striking out on a donor rifle, I have been considering the idea giving my Kimber Talkeetna a new home. Maybe.

I've done a little load development with it and it came along as a backup rifle on one Kodiak bear hunt. It's in great shape, feeds like a dream (even empty brass) and basically a safe queen currently. Have 1" and 30mm steel Talley rings/bases for it too (just prefer not having a full pic rail over the port on blind bottom mags).

I am still attached to it quite a bit, but don't hunt it enough as I have another semi custom 375 Ruger as well. Knowing it would go to somebody that's going to put it to real use up here might help tip me over on letting it on to greener pastures is all