Kifaru Timberline 1 on a diet...

dotman

WKR
I am all for trimming and lightweight packs, but.....if you are not 110% committed I would tell you not to do it. For this reason, can anyone tell the difference between a 30 pound vs 31 pound pack, 50 vs 51, etc. Kifaru makes the most comfortable pack for hauling heavy loads, 1 pound doesn't mean $hit in the totality of things. It is all good, but is more for making your mind feel good than your body. 1 pound is just not noticeable physically, but it certainly makes us feel better to have trimmed a pound off of them.

That is very true if you have all ultralite gear but if you slowly drop the oz's from multiple items before you know it the pounds will add up. But I do agree if this is the only weight you are dropping it would be hard to do. Heck this is a free way to drop 1/2 a pound, most of us spend an extra $200 on a sleeping bag to drop this weight. I'll be making this upgrade after I break the pack in I'm sure but I added a few pounds to my gear trading the KU for the T1.

Also I have yet to meet an oz counter that isn't a little gear crazy to drop an oz :). Just part of the sickness and not for everyone.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Yeah, just after reading this I went through all the stuff I never have used on the pack after hauling out a few critters with it. Oh yeah I hacked off the gun bearer stuff too. :D Just hacking the stuff I never use and keeping the stuff I do like that bungee on the front of the pack.....way handy IMO, but obviously others thought not so much, to each their own.