Kifaru should make a child carrier

ams

WKR
Just picked up a duplex frame and looking at it made me think one could be designed to attach to the frame. Plus it would really help justify buying an expensive pack for all those with kids!

dotman

WKR
I agree 100%. If they had this option I wouldn't of bought the kelty kid carrier.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
They make two of them....cargo panel and grab it are stand alone ones. Any timberline bags work also. The bags even have places for diapers, bottles, wet wipes. Really can't ask for any more.

dotman

WKR
That just doesn't sound comfortable for the little one, my daughter takes naps on hikes all the time in her kelty kid, just sucks for me :)

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they want a nap, you definitely want to go with the bag so you can use the XTL lid to synch around their head. That way their neck is supported.

OP
A

ams

WKR
I think we need some pics RosinBag! Then tell us the story of how you explained it to the wife. I think adding an existing carrier would work but would like it to connect directly to the frame. Preferably with a camo/molle sunshade for kicks.

dotman

WKR
I think we need some pics RosinBag! Then tell us the story of how you explained it to the wife. I think adding an existing carrier would work but would like it to connect directly to the frame. Preferably with a camo/molle sunshade for kicks.

X2...haha!

Hardstalk

WKR
I think the kokopax may be easily compatible. I was given 2 of them and am now unsure of how I lived without it. I shoot my bow with my daughter on my back. do house chores. Have even been to a couple social outings where she sleeps with her head on my neck. Ul baby packs have a niche of their own for sure. The ones that hang on the front of your body make you feel like a monkey.

unm1136

WKR
My four year old just quit on a hike. The wife actually approved of my Kifaru purchases after that. Dropped him on the cargo chair of my marauder, lashed him on, and leaned forward a little, and got him off the montain cross country.

pat

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Pictures are evidence....My little bow is 12, so if he quits, I just lash his pack to mine and he walks on his own.

But I would love to see someone else take pictures, especially of the napping kid with the XTL wrapped around his neck. Child Protective Serices might sign up for RokSlide and new members are always welcome.

SDHNTR

WKR
I've thought the same thing before! It would be awesome (and smart for the company) if some shop like Kifaru or MR made a kid hauler to fit on a DT or NICE frame. And I'm talking about a legit kid pack, not some Rosin jury-rigged contraption that might rob my 3 yr old son of his future baby making ability.

I have loved to hate Kelty. Their packs are model/year specific with accessories that only fit that year. :(

I want a sunshade for mine but its outdated.

Good thread.