Kifaru rain cover?

What is everybody using as a rain cover for Kifaru packs. I thought about a jimmy tarp cover but really open to anything.

rm06

WKR
I have an Eberlestock rain cover. I use it on a SG pack but it fit my old Kifaru T2

Dave5280

FNG
I found using a trash bag as a liner has worked best to really guarantee dry gear.

Solo86

FNG
I have a Eberlestock rain cover. It is on the heavier side but it was the only one I found that is camo on one side and hunter orange on the other. I use it on my KUIU Icon Pro 5200

mt100gr.

WKR
Eberlestock. And it doubles as a liner under my glassing pad when it's not raining as well as a catch-all to roll up dirty or wet gear in to stuff in my pack. Plenty big to cover an over stuffed mtn warrior with a guide lid.

Gumbo

WKR
Although I haven't done so in my still-virgin Kifaru, like Dave I've always been partial to the contractor bag inside my big backpacks.

I just picked up a Jimmy Tarps this year. Haven't used it in the rain but test fit it in my Kifaru packs and it's plenty big. Should work fine. I never used a rain cover in previous years. All my gear that needs to stay dry is in dry sacks, but you will gain some water weight as the pack soaks up the rain. I figured the few ounces of a rain cover will offset the weight of having a water logged pack.

I have also used my Kifaru quarter bag before. Put it over the top of the bag and then drape it down the back and tuck it in at the bottom. Worked ok.

OP
C
The bear paw cover looks good. I'll have to look around and see what pops up. Thanks for the info guys.

kodiakfly

WKR
I carry the big OR rain cover sometimes, but most of my stuff inside is in dry sacks, so I don't worry too much about it. But the OR cover covers my loaded EMRII

AdamW

WKR
I just made one for my Timberline 2 with the $10 kit from Ripstop by the roll.

2ski

WKR
Didn't Aron mention something about Kifaru coming out with a pack cover a year or so ago?

AdamW

WKR
Didn't Aron mention something about Kifaru coming out with a pack cover a year or so ago?

Blows my mind they don't make them already. They have the materials, almost no pattern work/R&D required. Sew and sell.

Aron if you see this you can buy me out of my rain cover/grab-it combo doo-dad idea. I can be bought for Kifaru credit. :D