Kifaru New Release coming soon

ez_willie

WKR
See, now this is how you handle a new product release. No countdown, no hype, no putting spin on how you are trying to train new employees, just quality product for a fair price.

View attachment 521921
Without all the hype they don’t sell out and we don’t get memes! I think it worked out for everyone, maybe even planned that way.

Kenneth@Kifaru

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Alright I defiantly did get a decent laugh out of all of this! I will agree with all of you that we marketed the hell of this and put to much hype into it. And we didn't need to do that. But we did sell 300 total in a matter of 2 hrs. I will just say that there is a lot of differences with Kifaru and other companies and how we produce things. We hired Sewers in Wyoming and we needed to start with something simple before we start going to bigger items. So I am extremely proud of our sewers in putting out their first item here in Wyoming. But I will assure that there is a lot in the R&D stage that will excite everyone when we launch them. including a new bag that will hit that empty space in our line of packs and it will be in the 4,000 cubic Inch range. Its been a hell of ride moving a whole company from one state to another. We are complete now with having a full sew floor up and running. and anybody who has ever been in that business knows how difficult that is. Eric Bender has put in a lot of hours to make that happen. Thank you to everyone who has trusted Kifaru. I feel extremely grateful to work for a company that is 100% American Made. Just letting you guys know, there isn't a whole lot of companies in the outdoor industry that can say that.

Rock-o

WKR
The product release vote is rigged! There's no way this product got enough votes to be released!

Alright I defiantly did get a decent laugh out of all of this! I will agree with all of you that we marketed the hell of this and put to much hype into it. And we didn't need to do that. But we did sell 300 total in a matter of 2 hrs. I will just say that there is a lot of differences with Kifaru and other companies and how we produce things. We hired Sewers in Wyoming and we needed to start with something simple before we start going to bigger items. So I am extremely proud of our sewers in putting out their first item here in Wyoming. But I will assure that there is a lot in the R&D stage that will excite everyone when we launch them. including a new bag that will hit that empty space in our line of packs and it will be in the 4,000 cubic Inch range. Its been a hell of ride moving a whole company from one state to another. We are complete now with having a full sew floor up and running. and anybody who has ever been in that business knows how difficult that is. Eric Bender has put in a lot of hours to make that happen. Thank you to everyone who has trusted Kifaru. I feel extremely grateful to work for a company that is 100% American Made. Just letting you guys know, there isn't a whole lot of companies in the outdoor industry that can say that.
At least the vast majority of us understand that, but when you lob a softball at Barry Bonds, you have to expect he has to take a swing at it… it’s instinct 😏

Glad you guys are getting the new facility dialed in, and always look forward to seeing what you guys put out.

Any plans for a backcountry slap bracelet?

Last edited:

The first product off of a new assembly line is always something to celebrate, regardless of how complicated the item is to make.

Designing and sewing an easy to make item, such as the wallet, as the first product at the new location, makes sense.

Great practice for the team at the new facility.

Citizen

FNG
Got the wallet today with other items. I have to say the wallet is a disappointment as it’s simply two clear plastic open slots for storage, like large ID slots. Nothing else for anything else.

The organizer accessory attachment really makes a much better “wallet” if you always have your bag with you.

Got the wallet today with other items. I have to say the wallet is a disappointment as it’s simply two clear plastic open slots for storage, like large ID slots. Nothing else for anything else.

The organizer accessory attachment really makes a much better “wallet” if you always have your bag with you.
Any pocket slip? How does it do with weight? How full have you had it? And did you get a chance to weigh it empty?

Citizen

FNG
Any pocket slip? How does it do with weight? How full have you had it? And did you get a chance to weigh it empty?
It’s fun to make fun but in reality they could make a badass wallet that might never wear out with squadron material, that has a few card slots and a spot for cash etc.

Maybe I’ll have the last laugh when it’s on antiques road show

I guess I'm just surprised (yeah, maybe not) that people scrambled to get this thing. Reminded me of an 80's wallet you could get at the gas station with your favorite band on it.
The whole thing was funny to me. Especially the countdown clock to build up the energy for it. Everyone is like, it's almost drop time! And then it was a wallet.

I guess I'm just surprised (yeah, maybe not) that people scrambled to get this thing. Reminded me of an 80's wallet you could get at the gas station with your favorite band on it.
The whole thing was funny to me. Especially the countdown clock to build up the energy for it. Everyone is like, it's almost drop time! And then it was a wallet.
Not just a wallet, it’s a tag wallet… I think 3/4 of the buyers will use it as a wallet and will be bummed out that it’s not a good wallet, haha

They need more content on the wallet so people don’t use them outside of their intended use… tags, cut charts, and TP, not money and credit cards, and drivers license.

There will be more instructional videos on the backcountry wallets than any pack.