Kifaru medium / small belt difference

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Are you looking for this measurement in a small? I have a brand new small I could measure.

Thanks, that would be great! Just wanting to confirm what size I actually received. I have to believe that either I am doing something wrong or the belt is the wrong size as this is currently the least comfortable set up I have ever tried:(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, that would be great! Just wanting to confirm what size I actually received. I have to believe that either I am doing something wrong or the belt is the wrong size as this is currently the least comfortable set up I have ever tried:(.

If no one gets to it before me I'll measure after work.

Gumbo

WKR
TheCougar, how long would you say your "wings" are from the tip of the pad to the side of the lumbar pad? I ordered a "smedium" and just received it and am wondering if i got a small as i feel a good deal of discomfort at the front of my hips w/ 60lbs in the pack. My wings are 11" BTW. Thanks in advance!

I have a "smedium" and I measured the wings at 11 inches. Apparently smalls are 10 and mediums are 12 as stated in a previous post.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks both for the replies! Just wanted to see what I actually received--sound like I too got the small (ordered my "smedium" Black Friday as well)

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Just got a call from kifaru, they made a mistake telling me they make smedium or custom belts.... they stopped doing it recently and said I can take a medium or my small belt back. Shipping is the same price to ship a belt as it is a whole pack system so I'm going to grab some extra gear to justify the high shipping costs. Just have to decide on the belt...

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Thanks both for the replies! Just wanted to see what I actually received--sound like I too got the small (ordered my "smedium" Black Friday as well)

Did you get a smedium? The guy I talked to didn't even know they stopped offering it, frank called me and said no go.

-----never mind saw the above posts----

pew

Lil-Rokslider
I'm guessing maybe. I did order such in the notes, and seeing as my wings are 11" (and not 10"), and that I can't fine a "small" tag on it, I may have got one of the last ones....

mauidiver

WKR
Well, I started with the medium belt last year without the new power pulls and the belt would bottom out with 45lbs so I switched to the small which I used about 10 times and felt it was just not covering my hips enough and working really hard under weight. I called frank and talked with him to order a smedium size which as y'all have said, Kifaru don't make no more. He said with my 34 waist just order the medium with the new power pulls and all should be fine. Used today for the first time with only about 30lbs....but the system worked, felt completely different then my small. Amazing what an inch or so improves and I could crank those suckers tight. I still had maybe an inch left on each side left. It felt awesome. Frank and Kifaru nailed it with the powerpulls. Thanks again frank for your help and great customer service.

Tsnider

WKR
i havent worn my new small out and about yet, but the fit is about the same. my issue is where my hips poke out. my small i was trying to replace with the smedium basically rides on the bone and blistered the first and only time i used it.

i think ill just call and get it swapped out before i even use it.

OP
Mk7mmSTW

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
My medium belt showed up and fits perfect. Frank at kifaru told me with the new belt style there was no need for a smedium and I agree. I'm a solid 34 and have zero worry of maxing this out. It fits like a mystery ranch small on the NICE frame. My buddy is a 33 and it fits him perfect as well.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
I just got my new medium and am very pleased. Much more comfortable than the previous smedium (or unmarked small w 11" wings).

Grumman

WKR
I'm in the same boat, ordered a smedium but got the call it was being switched to a medium. The medium feels more comfortable but I am worried about it bottoming out. I know fit is subjective but when you all have the belt cinched down how much gap do you have between the wings? With my new medium I only have a hand width from the wings touching at the front.

pew

Lil-Rokslider
Have you put any weight in it? That was really the only way, imo, to know for sure