Kifaru Field Chair

bbrown

WKR
Anyone use these? Saw them on the website and it seems like it might make hanging around camp and glassing much more comfortable. Have something more comfortable than a rock or log is just about the only thing I miss from car camping.

Is it worth the extra weight?

I have been looking at those too and am interested in feedback. Seems like the Kifaru chair would be nice for glassing, resting, and tending the tipi stove during late season.

I have the old Cascade Designs chair, the one you stuff a Thermarest pad in. It's comfy for me but I usually decide to leave it at home due to the weight.

Gman

WKR
If you're going to bring a chair it's great. I've tried just about everything on the market and the field chair for the ounces and space in the pack is hard to beat.

dotman

WKR
I was kickin this chair around also, well maybe next year. Just wasn't sure it would be worth the aded weight.

littlebuf

Banned
kinda hard to beat the weight savings of just bringing the seat you were born with.never under stood bringing furniture into the wilderness???

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got one of the field chairs in a deal for a paratarp and quickly sold it. Its not that it was heavy by any stretch but I just couldn't justify it's usefulness once I used it. Just my 2 cents.

Brent1321

Lil-Rokslider
I have one, love it, I do, but I won't take it with me on the hunting trip. Think it weighs 11oz., pretty darn light for what it is. Once you are in it, very comfortable. Getting in it can be a pain until you figure out your method. To me it is a nice addition, but not enough to justify bringing it along. I took it on the scouting trip and used in camp, but when hunting, pack weights increase, if I am going to bring an additional 11oz., I would opt for food or something else that you "really" need.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I rock a 14 oz chair that doubles as my emergency bivy pad or a camp chair or extra insulation for my regular pad. Between the chair and my neo air short I am at the same weight as a Big Agnes Insulated Air Core for much versatility and comfort. A camp chair is sure a nice "splurge" weight item, but its not much of a splurge when you end up sleeping on it 3 straight nights cause you are away from your camp spiking out like we did on Becca's sheep hunt. :D

I used mine backpacking all summer. Beats sitting on the hips. Great seat for tending the fire in my Sawtooth. This seat weighs in at exactly 12 oz. I will not be carrying it with me hunting though as i tend to go as light as possible.