Kifaru duplex vs hunter vs UL frames

I started out with a duplex and ended up switching to another brand.... till the new frames came out. I originally ordered the ultralight hunting frame and then because of time constraints I went with the tactical duplex and put arrows in that. Its been a great frame and Im glad I went the tactical route. More options only slightly heavier and more attachments. Happy with how things turned out. Wont be upgrading frames for many years. Kifaru nailed it with this frame.

I know I am going to have to just try the bikini and the new duplex UL side by side, but will the new UL be as comfortable when shooting a bow? I like how the bikini back pads move slightly but maybe the new UL flexes enough on its own.

Yes it will, flexes really well, I didn't have any issues shooting with it on.

I started out with a duplex and ended up switching to another brand.... till the new frames came out. I originally ordered the ultralight hunting frame and then because of time constraints I went with the tactical duplex and put arrows in that. Its been a great frame and Im glad I went the tactical route. More options only slightly heavier and more attachments. Happy with how things turned out. Wont be upgrading frames for many years. Kifaru nailed it with this frame.

I have chosen to go this route as well, though I don't know how often I'll swap out for the arrows. Frequently hauling really heavy loads, I'm a little nervous about the new duplex only having the 1/16" HDPE. I'll stick with what I know and opt for the 1/8" like the old duplex frames.

Yup I'm running them in mine and they have been holding up great. Had them flexing pretty good under a couple heavy loads but no problems so far.

Think it dropped almost a pound over the aluminum stays and the arrows flex with you much better as you move. I will use the original stays when I know I will be hauling heavy loads (100+) but the rest of the time the weight saving and flexibility are worth it. I have packed out quarters from 7-8 different elk (4-5 cows and 3 bulls) so far this year and all were with the arrows.

Think it dropped almost a pound over the aluminum stays and the arrows flex with you much better as you move. I will use the original stays when I know I will be hauling heavy loads (100+) but the rest of the time the weight saving and flexibility are worth it. I have packed out quarters from 7-8 different elk (4-5 cows and 3 bulls) so far this year and all were with the arrows.
Did you do one arrow per side or two per side?

A single arrow per side works but 2 doesn't hurt anything. I've tried both with up to 100# of sand during training hikes and can't tell a difference between one or two arrows.

Originally was going to try 2 per side but only ended up running 1 each. Prolly should add the other just for insurance...

Any new insight on the UL and hunting frames? I'm leaning toward upgrading to the UL frame. Initially, I was concerned about the comfort, but now I'm more concerned about the durability of the arrows. Has anyone had issues with the arrows strays (breaks, cracks, etc.)? Just want to make sure I'm making the right choice.

Any new insight on the UL and hunting frames? I'm leaning toward upgrading to the UL frame. Initially, I was concerned about the comfort, but now I'm more concerned about the durability of the arrows. Has anyone had issues with the arrows strays (breaks, cracks, etc.)? Just want to make sure I'm making the right choice.

It's basically just a small monetary gamble, order the UL and if you don't like it you can order a set of stays or watch for some used ones! Or order with regular stays and and cut some of your own arrows to make it a UL. I bought a regular Duplex last year and if the overtime pans out this year I may buy a UL and keep the Duplex for backup or loaner and I can use the stays out of it if I think I need them!

I can see where people might be leery of the arrows cracking but I'm putting a lot of confidence in Aron's testing. I doubt I will ever test a pack to the limits that Aron has so if he says it's good to go that's good enough for me.

Back