Kifaru duplex frame Composite vs Aluminum stays

Yeti

FNG
I'm getting ready to purchase the duplex frame and was wondering if somebody could tell me what the advantages are to the composite vs the aluminum stays. Beside the weight are there any other advantages to the composite stays? I will be getting the
26" stays.

Composites won't be compatable if you have a 'flat' back. Even if you don't have a flat back you cannot reshape the composites.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeti, weight savings is the biggest advantage. If you are a fairly normal build with a normal back profile, go with composite stays. If you have always needed to customize your stays in other back packs because your back profile is not that normal, then you will need to go with aluminum stays and bend them to your profile. I would say that 90% of people will be able to use the composite stays with no issues.

rye_a

Lil-Rokslider
I would talk to Kifaru to find out what shape back you have. Mine is semi-flat, so I went with aluminum.

OP
Y

Yeti

FNG
Thanks for the help. I do have a "normal" back profile so i will go ahead and order the composite stays and save 9oz.

slim9300

WKR
My T1 dug into my shoulder blades a little with a full load and the composite stays. I realized I needed a little more curve. Here's a pic of the difference between my composite and aluminum stays and the weight of the pair.

4c1cbaef-eaef-fbfb.jpg

4c1cbaef-eafe-a284.jpg

4c1cbaef-eb14-5b53.jpg