Kifaru Day Pack for Elk

Is it just me or are shape charges not really available right now? Haven't seen any used ones lately either.

I don’t think it’s just you. I saw one a week Ago. But supply is not matching demand that’s for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you’re not intending to pack meat with it, I would go for the shapecharge. You can use it as an edc, for day hunting, and it has the possibility to pack something you find while hiking if needed. Always cool to have the option to carry meat even if you don’t intend to..and in a smaller package than a Stryker xl on a duplex frame.

Looks like Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder designed how far down the pack handle was moved on the Antero. I like my original style not only as a daypack, but the old design handle at the top let’s it hang against a tree with minimal profile while hunting on a deer stand.

prm

WKR
For just a day pack, no meat hauling, I’d go with a smaller Kuiu pack, or even an Eberlestock x2. That X2 is actually one of my favorite packs. For Kifaru, maybe a Shape charge?

Jimss

WKR
I use my Kifaru pack for scouting and hunting rather than buying a separate daypack. It cinches down super tight when not loaded. Much easier on your neck. shoulders, back than 15-20 lb load on your shoulders all day for multiple days with a daypack.