Kifaru belt pouches

strawman

Lil-Rokslider
I need to get a couple belt pouches for my Timberline and am trying to decide what size to get. The pics on the Kifaru site don't really give me a good idea of how big each size is but I'm thinking either a small or medium would be sufficient. All I usually carry are a few calls, wind-check, and my gps. Maybe a granola bar or a few pieces of jerkey. Anybody have any pics of their belt pouches mounted on a Timberline waistbelt so I can get a size comparison?

BigWave

Lil-Rokslider
I also have 2 smalls for my 2 Timberline packs just for carrying what you mention. The smalls are perfect for that, IMO. Any bigger would be cumbersome.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I had the smalls and just got tired of not fitting all the things I want quick access to without taking pack off into the pockets. So I ended up with a KU large possibles pouch on one side. Load up snacks, video and digital cameras, and even throw my rain coat in there if I need to. Hasn't been a problem at all, though I wasn't sure how I'd like it, but after a few months and lots of alder miles and some devils clubs thrown in there for good measure it hasn't been a problem at all. In fact if it wasn't for my rifle riding on the other side of the waistbelt I'd likely have two possible pouches on each side of my belt, but I got the rifle on the right side so I use a smaller belt pouch on that side. Doesn't get hung up in the brush at all or prevent leg movement and the weight difference is nil while giving you an extra 400 cu in of easy access space is way nice.

IMGP1275.jpg

swat8888

WKR
I like the mediums...big enough for all sorts of little stuff I may need without taking off the pack. They do fit a little weird on the belt though since you can only buckle the top two it just flops around....no big deal, just not what I'm used to.

slim9300

WKR
I need to get a couple belt pouches for my Timberline and am trying to decide what size to get. The pics on the Kifaru site don't really give me a good idea of how big each size is but I'm thinking either a small or medium would be sufficient. All I usually carry are a few calls, wind-check, and my gps. Maybe a granola bar or a few pieces of jerkey. Anybody have any pics of their belt pouches mounted on a Timberline waistbelt so I can get a size comparison?

Get the small ones. I wish I could get one pocket that was half the depth of the small. Other then that I like the size and wouldn't want anything larger on my belt while hunting.

I use mediums but I keep a lot of stuff in my belt pockets. I also have a medium attached to the DT1 bag for other small essentials that I need to get to quickly.

OP
S

strawman

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'm leaning towards two smalls at this point, or maybe one small and one medium.

Lawnboi, is it pretty easy to open the KU pouch with one hand? I was going to go that route initially but thought that the stiffer cordura would make opening and closing the regular pouches an easier task.

Rizzy

WKR
I have the KU on one side and the gun bearer on the other. I open and close the KU with one hand all the time. The zipper is robust and provides stability for one handed operation.

Attachments

• IMG_0168.jpg
    IMG_0168.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 90

slim9300

WKR
Thanks for the replies guys. I guess I'm leaning towards two smalls at this point, or maybe one small and one medium.

Lawnboi, is it pretty easy to open the KU pouch with one hand? I was going to go that route initially but thought that the stiffer cordura would make opening and closing the regular pouches an easier task.

I'm pretty sure your assumption is correct to a small degree. That's why I went with the cordura. Also, I wanted them to match my pack.

millsms

FNG
I have one small and 1 medium pouch. I have the small belt and really don't have an issue with the small fitting on my DT3. I have the Medium pouch on the Pal webbing on the side of the pack. Small fit my range finder and granola bars no problem. I personally dont like huge pockets clanking around on my waistbelt. 1 of each size should have you covered faily well for anything.

Lawnboi

WKR

Its easy enough. The thing i like about the KU is if i dont want it on it crumples up into just about nothing.

Mike7

WKR
I thought the KU pouch was a little loud when getting in and out of it, so now I have two medium cordura belt pouches (use only one when packing a rifle in a gun bearer on one side) and these fit everything I like to have without being cumbersome (i.e. a pair of gloves and hat, range finder, wind checker, etc.). My Glock 20 will even fit in one side while it's inside of a soft carry case with just a little room to spare when wanting to carry concealed.