KIFARU ARK FRAME review

Does anyone know when belts for the Ark Frame will be sold separately? Right now if the belt don't fit you have to send it all back, pay a re stocking fee, get reimbursed, then re order the frame. Unfortunately I'm 1 of those in between sizes and I hope the medium fits. Not much belt to get ahold of on the small.

Mine shipped today. The guy I talked to at Kifaru could not answer the question unfortunately.....

So, it appears both a Kifaru nalgene holder and small belt pouch won’t fit on the same side? The mini pouch will fit with an Exo nalgene? (EXO uses a single row).

I dont think both ever did and the ark belt has less room (at least on the medium of both, maybe for sm and lg, but not sure) than the DL belt. The belt pouches are designed for 6 pals rows. Some people have them at 5 and it works, but it makes its harder to open and close the zipper 1 handed the more slack you have. The bottle pocket is 3. Youd need at least 8 rows to make that happen - I dont think theyve ever had 7 on any belt. My duplex lite has 1 small taking up the whole right side and i have my nalgene as the only thing on the other side.

The ark looks to have 1 less row, 5 wide instead of 6 on the duplex. The k4 has 4, but their pouches are designed to fit. My guess is Kifaru will come out with new belt pouches at some point that fit a bit better.

Edit: someone on page 4 of this thread got their Ark in, and it only has 4 pals rows on the belt - and theirs is a small belt. Tony says his is small, but has 5 rows.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when belts for the Ark Frame will be sold separately? Right now if the belt don't fit you have to send it all back, pay a re stocking fee, get reimbursed, then re order the frame. Unfortunately I'm 1 of those in between sizes and I hope the medium fits. Not much belt to get ahold of on the small.

Mine shipped today. The guy I talked to at Kifaru could not answer the question unfortunately.....
Wow. I should have researched this all more. That exchange policy is horrible. I hope mine fits. If i need to exchange mine i will probably just return it and try a different company. The Kifaru customer service does not seem to be what it used to be.

prm

WKR

And your waist size is?? (Based on typical pants sizes)

And your waist size is?? (Based on typical pants sizes)
I wear a 34. My first Kifaru pack, a Bikini Frame, I ordered a medium and it worked its way down under heavy loads even though I had it bottomed out. But with additional clothing on I was able to make due. My next 2 frames, a Duplex UL and Tactical, I ordered the small. Which works, but I have to loosen it all the way to get the belt clipped, and there’s hardly anything to grab ahold of to pull it tight. I find myself constantly sucking it all in so I can leave a tail after it’s clipped so I have something to grab aholt of to cinch tight. If the medium is too loose, I’d rather just order another belt rather than send the whole thing back and order another one. Just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to do that.

prm

WKR
I wear a 34. My first Kifaru pack, a Bikini Frame, I ordered a medium and it worked its way down under heavy loads even though I had it bottomed out. But with additional clothing on I was able to make due. My next 2 frames, a Duplex UL and Tactical, I ordered the small. Which works, but I have to loosen it all the way to get the belt clipped, and there’s hardly anything to grab ahold of to pull it tight. I find myself constantly sucking it all in so I can leave a tail after it’s clipped so I have something to grab aholt of to cinch tight. If the medium is too loose, I’d rather just order another belt rather than send the whole thing back and order another one. Just doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to do that.

Great… that’s what I wear and I ordered a small per their fitting guide. I had a small duplex hunter (?), previous to current duplex, and it worked fine. I should know Friday. Thanks though.

OP
Tony Trietch

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
What did you need to do different to install the pockets on the new belt?
Nothing, the pouches attach like they did to a duplex.
So, it appears both a Kifaru nalgene holder and small belt pouch won’t fit on the same side? The mini pouch will fit with an Exo nalgene? (EXO uses a single row).
The belt pouch takes up all of the width so no I can not have it and Kifaru nalgene on same side.

Now that I am looking at it, I have five slots along the width of my belt and it appears @T_Widdy only has four?
I was told mine is a small belt but I will confirm with Kifaru. (34" waist)

I will ask them about different belts sizes and their width for attaching accessories.

prm

WKR
They seem to indicate referencing Belt Size when determining pack belt size. Belt size is typically 2” larger than pant size.

Yaremkiv

FNG
They seem to indicate referencing Belt Size when determining pack belt size. Belt size is typically 2” larger than pant size.
That sounds about right. I'm a 34 waist and the medium Duplex belts are perfect.

Can anyone who’s got one in their possession answer how the vertical stiffness is in comparison to the duplex lite?

My Ark frame will be delivered today. I still have my duplex lite, I plan on doing a few hikes with varying weights in each to compare. I'll report back.

First impressions of the ARK are very good. Feels very stable and “hugs” my back in a way the duplex light never did. I like the new lumbar pad better already, and it’s not even broken in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk