Kifaru Argali rifle carry options

8seconds

FNG
I am looking for an option to carry my rifle on the back of my pack for a spring bear hunt. I dont really want to carry it like a traditional gun bearer in front and side of my body. I just need it strapped securly and quickly to the back of my pack while hiking to my spike camp. I am struggling getting a complete answer from Kifaru CS. I was told the gun bearer would strap to the back of my pack but that does not sound or look correct. I asked if the grab it would work but was told it was not designed for that. I think the sherman system looks like it would work, but I was told it wont attach to an Argali. Can anyone with an Argali shed some light. Will a Sherman work or can you attach the gun bearer to the back of your pack and only use the butt stock cradle?

Attachments

• argali.jpg
    argali.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 49

bsnedeker

WKR
So I'll start by saying you are probably overthinking this. Sounds like you are putting a lot of thought and effort into how you are going to carry your rifle for the couple of hours you are hiking to camp....I'd just carry it however I planned to carry it when I'm hunting and not worry about it.

That said, I used to have an Argali and in the rare cases I needed to strap my bow or rifle to the back I just crossed the straps over the back of the pack and tightened them down so they don't move. I think I ran the strap through the gap between the action and my scope to ensure it wouldn't go anywhere.

Decker9

WKR
I never could get comfortable with the front carry with my gun bearer, I instead slip my barrel up through my top side compression strap then my butt end in the gun bearer cradle. I keep the cradle attached to my hip belt, it’s still pretty quick to deploy vs actually strapped to the pack.

fulltiltaudio

Lil-Rokslider
I use a gun bearer, (not the argali bag, but any bag would work the same way) and depending on how I feel like carrying it, I will put the stock in the gun bearer and attach the quick strap to my frame (see picture)
I can still reach over my shoulder and have my gun off my pack in seconds, and it's not riding under my arm all day. Still puts a little weight on the hips but it doesn't bother me. If I want to, I can move my quick strap to my shoulder strap and carry under my arm as well. So far it's worked great!
c8557567de5bda6edfaf375825c98c35.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

OP

8seconds

FNG
I use a gun bearer, (not the argali bag, but any bag would work the same way) and depending on how I feel like carrying it, I will put the stock in the gun bearer and attach the quick strap to my frame (see picture)
I can still reach over my shoulder and have my gun off my pack in seconds, and it's not riding under my arm all day. Still puts a little weight on the hips but it doesn't bother me. If I want to, I can move my quick strap to my shoulder strap and carry under my arm as well. So far it's worked great!
c8557567de5bda6edfaf375825c98c35.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks for the picture. That looks like a more comfortable way to configure the gun bearer. I was looking for an option to attach my gun on the back, center of my pack. I don't think the GB can work that way. Maybe the Sherman?

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
I used the small hip pouches on the sides of my argali for awhile….if they were empty I put the butt stock in there…. When they were full the would gun ride behind or just on-top of them….then I’d snug it down with the side compression straps. But I got tired of that because of the ride height of my gun barrel in brush. I used paracord and made this a few years ago and it seems to work. I just tied it to the frame and run it behind the delta strap..

Attachments

• A02873ED-9CED-4AD0-B4E8-8AB72F8808B0.jpeg
    A02873ED-9CED-4AD0-B4E8-8AB72F8808B0.jpeg
    329.9 KB · Views: 34

westco24

FNG
I took this idea from the killik packs I saw at sportsmans warehouse. Works great for gun or bow.

Attachments

• 20230313_102009.jpg
    20230313_102009.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230313_102140.jpg
    20230313_102140.jpg
    213.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 20230313_102301.jpg
    20230313_102301.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 16
OP

8seconds

FNG
Thanks for the comments. Great ideas. I also used the small pouches, but my barrel was catching on a lot of branches.
I think I am going to try the Sherman. I will post how it works out.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

OP

8seconds

FNG
Update on the Sherman Pocket. I used this the entire spring bear season and it worked excellent. It sits much lower than a regular pocket. This keeps your gun barrel low and away from most branches.