Kifaru accessory ?

Curtis C

WKR
Is there a difference in the KU adapter kit here
https://kifaru.net/KUA_kits.html

and the KU Dock and Lock system here
https://kifaru.net/KU_dockandlock.html ?

I am trying to attach one of my KU longpockets to a MTB handlebar harness that has 3/4" buckles.

The adapter kit buckles look different and I cant tell if it uses 3/4" or 1" inch webbing.

Can a person just order the Dock and Lock attachments pieces? I am not seeing the "add to cart" option.

Thanks, Curtis

dotman

WKR
Adapter kit is what i think you need, i would call them Monday and verify. Based on the pics and write-up this seems like what you need.

The dock & lock seems to be for the KU pack only.

dotman

WKR
But do you need both to attach an item or would the adapter let you do this? Doesn't the dock & lock just allow for quicker attachment?

Now i'm confused, do i need the dock & lock to attach my pockets to the ku pack? Sorry for the hi-jack.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
But do you need both to attach an item or would the adapter let you do this? Doesn't the dock & lock just allow for quicker attachment?

Now i'm confused, do i need the dock & lock to attach my pockets to the ku pack? Sorry for the hi-jack.

Both the adapter kit and D&L allow for quick attach/detach. I think the difference between the two is webbing/triglide size but I am not certain about that.

The KU Long pockets came with 4 D&L buckles when I ordered them last year.

Curtis; The adapter is the plastic ladderlock buckle pictured at the top, it accepts 1" webbing on the side that attaches to the pack. The webbing for the dock and lock is 3/4". I hope that makes sense.

dotman; I don't know. I have always just dock and locked. When I get back to my pack I will see if there is a different way to do things.

dotman

WKR
Does the D&L come with all the pieces to leave on the pack in each possible attachment point or does it only cover one item and you have to order this for each pocket?

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
@dotman do you have KU pockets and a KU pack? If you have KU pockets you should have a complete D&L set for each.

I got 4 D&L pieces with each of my KU long pockets. 4 pieces to attach one pocket to the pack. You will leave the 4 pieces on the pack in the location you plan to attach the pocket, I dont think you will want one on every possible attachment point. It is quite easy to move them around on the KU pack.

dotman

WKR
@dotman do you have KU pockets and a KU pack? If you have KU pockets you should have a complete D&L set for each.

I got 4 D&L pieces with each of my KU long pockets. 4 pieces to attach one pocket to the pack. You will leave the 4 pieces on the pack in the location you plan to attach the pocket, I dont think you will want one on every possible attachment point. It is quite easy to move them around on the KU pack.

I do but they are currently being made :). Should be here on the 30th.

dotman

WKR
Actually as i think about it i do have the possibles pouch and it has the rings but not the buckles.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
I do but they are currently being made :). Should be here on the 30th.
You should be getting everything you will need to attach those pockets to your pack.

I found the answer to my question in the video section of Kifaru site. The adapter kit is just the ladder-lock buckle It does not include the webbing/triglide pieces shown in the picture. I will inquire with them on Monday to find out if additional D&L attachment pieces can be ordered separately?