Kids hunting clothes?

My nephew has a son that is 8 years old and loves hunting. He froze his tail off this past deer season due to not having quality hunting gear. Any suggestions on who makes some warm clothing for this age group that won't cost a fortune since he will grow out of it within a couple seasons? I don't want this guy to quit hunting due to thinking that hunting just means you're going to sit in a tree and freeze. We are in north central illinois and the weather can be all over the place for deer seasons here.

Waterboy

Lil-Rokslider
Might want to try out a ground blind with a buddy heater if it’s possible regardless of what clothes he wears. As far as clothes go. Buy a decent wind proof/waterproof top and bottom then layer with what he has. My kids grow too fast for even middle of the pack hunting gear. They wear what they have and sit in a shooting house or ground blind.

Bump79

WKR

I picked up this jacket for my daughter. Super impressed with it looks warm and has high pile fleece. Might pick one up for myself. Price shown is in AUD so this jacket is like $47 USD. Good buy.

My youngest has a set from cabelas. Think it’s their bone dry series but I may be wrong. Little big now but should get a few seasons with it 9CBA115E-7DDA-4970-81F6-51EA0195B393.jpeg

thewileyone

Lil-Rokslider
I agree, youth cold weather gear is junk. There’s not enough insulation for them and the products are built to the same standards that I expect for what I use for me. I just had this conversation with my brother. He swears by Drake waterfowl clothing for his son. I have a couple of vests and they are great.
I found some adult XS clothes for my kids and they’re way better than any youth clothing I could find. Womens clothing runs a lot smaller so that might be another option. I haven’t used any youth gear that I would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good boots, gloves and hat goes a long way with my three kids. We don’t ski but that stuff is better than the Chinese Bass Pro stuff. The cheap hand warmers help too. Once it’s below 25 or so it gets tougher and we opt for the afternoon hunt. Good luck!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a good puffy for all my kids I always carry it my pack when they come along so i know it'll be there when needed. When they were younger I brought along a poncho liner. Also make sure to bring two handwarmers being able to mess with warmers really gives them a metal lift.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk