Kids bow

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
My oldest daughter has been bugging me for a bow. I saw the Bear Apprentice at Sportsman's and the package implies an adjustmentable draw length and draw weight, the bow has neither and dose not fit nor can she draw it without help, making it a wast of money (and I will likely avoid Bear products in the future due to BS packaging).

So, as she was excited to have a bow, and I was disgusted with the Bear (should have expected junk at the price), I spent the money on a Diamond Atomic, which is very adjustable and she can draw it. It is a nice little bow. The Diamond Prism is nicer, but too big for her both weight wise and draw length.

If anyone is wondering, even though axel to axel on the Atomic is 24 inchs, an Eazy Green press works.

The Scott Hero release fits her, wrist strap is almost too big, but not quite.
20230517_205303.jpg

Last edited:
Yep I bought both my kids (son and daughter) the diamond atomic when they were 5 and 6, they have been using them ever since, now 8 and 9. They attend a weekly archery course and have done some indoor with them.

When they started I took the sight off and only had nock points on the string, worked on form and anchor points. This also made the bow lighter for them to hold. Only shot with fingers to begin with. They both now have peeps, multi pen sights and releases.

Imo it’s a great bow to start out with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had two for my kids. A righty and lefty. Nice little bow and tunes easy. I need to get rid of the righty but it’s nice to let friends shoot too.

Bump79

WKR
Here's my lesson learned - bows that have nearly infinite adjustment are more of a pain in the long run. Having a bow that is adjustable all the way up to 70# but you intend on shooting it at 35# the bow is almost unshootable at the lowest limit. The string tension ends up being so low that it's a mess.

I'd recommend a bow that is adjustable in weight like 20# max.

bozeman

WKR
so my daughter is 15 and asked me this past weekend about getting a bow and shooting with me.....she is quite petite (5'2, 110lbs).....any other recommendations?

OP
Marbles

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
The Diamond Prism or the Edge are both reasonably priced and have a lot of adjustment. I may get and Edge for my wife. The Prism goes up to 55 pounds if I remember correctly. The Edge goes up to 70. Both go lower, down below 10 pounds and have large draw length adjustments (my 5 year old is only a touch too small for a Prism from a draw length perspective).

Price on the Prism around $350 and the Edge is around $400.

I have not looked at other brands in any depth for this, as the offerings were not close to fitting my 5 year old. The local bow shop has a high opinion of Diamond bows for kids.

Last edited: