Kenton Turrets or custom turrets

sdupontjr

WKR
I just recently sold my 4-16x50 Credo Hx and I'm looking at the Tenmile 4-24x50. mainly looking at this particular model due to the reticle illumination. My Credo's entire reticle would illuminate rather than just the center dot of the Tenmile 4-24x50. The problem is Trijicon doesn't make a Tenmile Hx in 4-24x50 with this reticle, it's strictly Mils.

I have been a MOA guy since I started shooting rifles with optics some 40 years ago. All of my Rifles are MOA except my Low light setup with Schmidt Bender Polar and now this Tenmile I'm looking at. Euro optics is offering a free Kenton turret with purchase until December something. Never heard of them so looked them up. They offer a few different options and one is a military style. This option has the original mil markings as well as yardage markings. I have all the information on bullet, velo, scope height, elevation, etc. I do understand that these turrets are specific to a particular bullet, elev, temp, velo, etc and will change slightly if one of the variables change. But this looks to be an option to combat switching over to Mils. Plus by having both on the turret, it will let me learn on the fly while making yardage adjustments, but also seeing how many Mils of adjustment it took also.

Another possible otpion is Go with the 4-24x50 Accupoint which offers a similar reticle, but I haven't found much information on tracking reliability on the accupoint like I have found on the Tenmile.

Last edited:
I would not get a custom turret because of the reason you stated. They work great if you hunt in the same area and conditions but beyond that they can be misleading. Even though the one you stated has both, they would not align once you get out of your base area.

Just bite the bullet and go MIL. It’s a better/faster solution once you put a little time behind it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

My reason for ordering a turret may be a little unique, but I ordered a sticker style turret from Kenton, and it is spot on. Durable vinyl style sticker & they sent an extra one in case the first one were to come off for some reason. Paired with a ballistic rangefinder that you can input the turret data in, you'll be able to use it anywhere you decide to hunt. In my case, the Revic br4 accounts for the turret data and gives me a line-of-sight range, and a "shoot to" range. The "shoot to" range eliminates the need to worry about the incline of a shot & the bullet hitting high on the target in the mountains.