Kenetrek vs. Crispi vs. everything else

Dustin B.

FNG
I am looking to get a new pair of boots, but like always, I can't decide what I want. I am currently looking at kenetrek mountain extremes and Crispi guides. I will be using these boots while hunting and also everyday because I like boots. I currently run the Crispi Colorado, but I think they may be a little overkill for the terrain I am hunting. I know that the Crispi guide will be more flexible but I wasn't sure about the mountain extremes. Will they be more flexible than a Crispi Colorado? How do they compare to a Crispi guide? I am also open to any recommendations!

I have had a few of the ones referenced. Crispi, Kenetrek, Mendl, Schnees.... All are good boots. I am currently stuck on Schnees Beartooth as they fit my feet well and have a 2 flex. I like that level so it has structure but I still feel like I can walk quietly in them when still hunting. My Kenetreks were a little stiff for my preference. I still haven't drawn a sheep tag to require walking on rocky sidehills all day. Crispi and Schnees fit pretty similar on my feet. So personally, those are my two go to now. I just just run them until they die and then buy another pair. I always have an insulated and uninsulated version in the rotation for obvious 4-seasons reasons.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
I have had a few of the ones referenced. Crispi, Kenetrek, Mendl, Schnees.... All are good boots. I am currently stuck on Schnees Beartooth as they fit my feet well and have a 2 flex. I like that level so it has structure but I still feel like I can walk quietly in them when still hunting. My Kenetreks were a little stiff for my preference. I still haven't drawn a sheep tag to require walking on rocky sidehills all day. Crispi and Schnees fit pretty similar on my feet. So personally, those are my two go to now. I just just run them until they die and then buy another pair. I always have an insulated and uninsulated version in the rotation for obvious 4-seasons reasons.
Thank you! I mostly quail hunt so the kenetreks will probably a little stiffer than I'm looking for.

Halibut

FNG
Optics planet has them on sale right now, so I'm really considering getting a pair. Do you think they would be too stiff in flatter terrain?
I've worn both the Mountain extreme and the hardscrabble hiker. I personally prefer the hardscrabble hiker for all my hunting now. It's comfortable enough for upland game but also has enough support for packing into the mountains. The mountain extreme felt more stiff and more of just a mountain boot to me, but I've always had issues with a taller (10") boot fitting me properly.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
I've worn both the Mountain extreme and the hardscrabble hiker. I personally prefer the hardscrabble hiker for all my hunting now. It's comfortable enough for upland game but also has enough support for packing into the mountains. The mountain extreme felt more stiff and more of just a mountain boot to me, but I've always had issues with a taller (10") boot fitting me properly.
I will probably try the mountain extremes. I currently run an 8" boot and would like to try a 10". Worst case scenario I can just return them. Thank you for your help!

JK47

FNG
I wear Kenetrek Mountain Guides day in and day out. I live in them. I wear them at work, at play and even with shorts. Flat, hills and all terrain in between, the Kenetreks are great.

They are stiff. But I’ve never thought about how stiff they are while wearing. Only how comfy my feet are. They’re on the heavier side as well.

I have a pair of Mountain Extremes also. They’re equally as comfortable. I hiked 45 miles in 5 days in the high Sierra’s a couple years ago and never got a hot spot.

I ain’t saying they’re the best boot out there, but they have served me well and fit me great. YMMV.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
I wear Kenetrek Mountain Guides day in and day out. I live in them. I wear them at work, at play and even with shorts. Flat, hills and all terrain in between, the Kenetreks are great.

They are stiff. But I’ve never thought about how stiff they are while wearing. Only how comfy my feet are. They’re on the heavier side as well.

I have a pair of Mountain Extremes also. They’re equally as comfortable. I hiked 45 miles in 5 days in the high Sierra’s a couple years ago and never got a hot spot.

I ain’t saying they’re the best boot out there, but they have served me well and fit me great. YMMV.
I think I'm going to give the Kenetreks a try. I've always wanted to try a pair anyway.

JK47

FNG
They’re worth the cost, in my opinion.

Their customer service is outstanding. I’ve had a couple pairs resoled and they do great work.

Just don’t leave them sitting outside where the sun bakes them for hours…..I left a pair outside for a week and my size 12’s turned into 9’s.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
They’re worth the cost, in my opinion.

Their customer service is outstanding. I’ve had a couple pairs resoled and they do great work.

Just don’t leave them sitting outside where the sun bakes them for hours…..I left a pair outside for a week and my size 12’s turned into 9’s.
I'll keep that in mind lol! Sorry to hear about your boots.

I can't help with your exact comparison question but can comment that I wear my mountain extremes on flatish ground regularly, anytime I'm carrying a midweight+ pack (often my 3yo and gear) for ankle protection and have no issue with them. They did take a while to break in though. I got them resoled this winter and plan to enjoy them for several more hunting seasons.

I also picked up a pair of stiffer soled Kenetrek mountain guides in the 400g insulated version for colder hunts, I appreciate the stiffness for sidehilling and breaking snowy trails. I ran them on mellow terrain while my extremes were getting resoled and to break them in, wouldn't be my preference but wasn't a big deal either.

OP
D

Dustin B.

FNG
I can't help with your exact comparison question but can comment that I wear my mountain extremes on flatish ground regularly, anytime I'm carrying a midweight+ pack (often my 3yo and gear) for ankle protection and have no issue with them. They did take a while to break in though. I got them resoled this winter and plan to enjoy them for several more hunting seasons.

I also picked up a pair of stiffer soled Kenetrek mountain guides in the 400g insulated version for colder hunts, I appreciate the stiffness for sidehilling and breaking snowy trails. I ran them on mellow terrain while my extremes were getting resoled and to break them in, wouldn't be my preference but wasn't a big deal either.
Thanks! The kenetreks sound like they are pretty versatile and durable. I'm looking forward to trying a pair!

KevinMartinez1

Lil-Rokslider
What works for one won’t work for another just get a good quality boot that fits. I started out with kenetrek mountain guides. Now running zamberland 2092. Probably will never run another boot. They fit. Perfect stiffness for me. And just overall can’t beat them. My buddy tried them on and he wasn’t a fan he’s running salewas and i don’t like the fit but he loves them. They’re all quality boots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk