Kenetrek mountain extremes NI

Mconner

FNG
So I just recently purchased a pair of these boots and was wondering what everyone thinks about these boots after break in and is there anything I need to do as far as care goes. Waterproofing or just basic care
Thanks in advance

Kenetrek boot wax before you break them in. Work up to the 50 miles. Wear around house, then walks around the neighborhood, then regular trails and then hunting conditions. Clean them and reapply the Kenetrek boot wax.

OP
Mconner

Mconner

FNG
A year later and just reviewing boot about 200+ miles in em I like them a lot comfy and sturdy handle sidehilling great! Overall a great boot and no known hotspots as of yet thanks guys for the tips.

Pursuer

Lil-Rokslider
How’s the fit on these? I’m considering a pair of the mountain extreme 400’s but there’s no place close to try them on. I’ve got a pair of meindl work boots and a pair of crispi non insulated, also a pair of hall’s climbing boots to compare them too. If anyone has some insight I’d sure appreciate it.

prm

WKR
Ok… for the purposes of this discussion, How about 4-5 days of rain, tall grass, creek crossings, and some wet bogs. Some hiking in steep terrain too.

Ok… for the purposes of this discussion, How about 4-5 days of rain, tall grass, creek crossings, and some wet bogs. Some hiking in steep terrain too.
Verify the boots are waterproof well ahead of time. Remove the insole and fill them up with water. Look for any leaks or water seeping out. If they are confirmed "good", properly clean and treat the boots before going out. Use a pair of quality gaiters as well. If they are not "good", relegate them to dry weather use and get a new pair.

Would recommend having a plan to dry the boots each night just in case. Pretty simple do so. Remove insole. Fold up a pair of blue shop towels and place in boot. Toss in Hot Hand in each boot. They'll be mostly, if not completely dry, in the AM.

The bogs could be an issue depending on how deep, its length, how long you're in it, etc. Similar to creek crossings. Depending on rain/melt, a creek can become a river. Something like Wiggys waders could be an option; used them plenty of times on creeks and rivers but never in a bog.

prm

WKR
I do give my boots a good workout and do wear gaiters when its wet or snowy. I’m just looking for specific boots that have proven effective in this scenario. When hunting in CO rockies I don’t worry too much about waterproofness. I’ve worn Salomons, Hanwags, Danners, Crispi Colorados, and Crispi Guides. Of those, the only that might work well in an 4-5 day wet scenario would be the Crispi Guides. What else? That’s why I asked about Kenetrek Mountain Extremes.

Last edited: