Kenetrek Boots

Benjblt

WKR
I bought my first pair of high-end technical boots in 2015. I still have them. They were 400 gram Kenetrek Mountain Extremes. I barely broke them in and went straight into the mountains with them. I've bought many other high-end boots and tried on many more. I always come back to them. They are just so comfortable and well made. I have other boots that will feel great one day and a little off the next. Sometimes they will be fine on the accent but then on the decent I have to adjust the laces. I barely think about how I lace the Kenetreks. . They just work. The foot bed and sole provide so much comfort and support.

Point being, I think they are better than they are given credit for. . boots are personal a boot has to fit your feet but I think the construction of the Kenetreks are just better than others. Other boots like Crispi and Lowa are great. . but I don't think they have the edge Kenetrek does. I really like Crispi and Lowa both by the way.

Also, the customer service is great. I traded in my Hardscrabble Kenetreks to Kenetrek for a credit for some 1000 gram Mnt Extremes. . who knew that was a things. I also like a little larger toe box. They provide a boot stretching service (for a small fee). They can stretch the boot a little to fit your foot. You have a spot that's rubbing. Send it to them to be stretched. . This my fix your problem. Pretty cool service I think.

Anyhow, with all the publicity and hype the other brands get I thought Kenetrek needed more love. They are hands down my favorite boot.

grfox92

WKR
This is how I feel about my Mountain Extremes. I did over 30 miles in 3 days this weekend and had no desire to take my boots off when I got back to camp.

I've owned 4 pairs of Crispis and hated everyone of them. I just dont get why people love them so much. That's my personal opinion though.

When you slip on a pair of Kenetreks you can tell how much structure is in the boot and can tell it was engineered for Mountain hunting.

Crispis come with a insole that acts as a cheese grater, almost no arch support and lace eyelets that dig into my feet.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

I own both crispi boots and kenetrek boots. Your right kenetrek is way under rated. Once broken in my kenetrek mountain extremes fit me like a glove. Now I also like the lighter crispi summits for early season when the weather is hot

I recently hunted moose in Maine. The ground was quite soggy. In 4 days of hunting my feet got wet in 2 pairs of my kenetreks. The 5th day I was in my mountain extremes. The other two were the hardscrabble and the dessert lightweights. I was pretty disappointed. I love these boots!

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
This is how I feel about my Mountain Extremes. I did over 30 miles in 3 days this weekend and had no desire to take my boots off when I got back to camp.

I've owned 4 pairs of Crispis and hated everyone of them. I just dont get why people love them so much. That's my personal opinion though.

When you slip on a pair of Kenetreks you can tell how much structure is in the boot and can tell it was engineered for Mountain hunting.

Crispis come with a insole that acts as a cheese grater, almost no arch support and lace eyelets that dig into my feet.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
You said it well. I don't understand how people can think the Crispi is made with the same quality. Even the insoles that Kenetrek includes are way better.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I recently hunted moose in Maine. The ground was quite soggy. In 4 days of hunting my feet got wet in 2 pairs of my kenetreks. The 5th day I was in my mountain extremes. The other two were the hardscrabble and the dessert lightweights. I was pretty disappointed. I love these boots!
Every single "waterproof" boot I've owned, with the exception of some early Danners, has leaked eventually. I put no stock in whether a boot leaks or not. They ALL do for me.

Jfjfrye

Lil-Rokslider
Every single "waterproof" boot I've owned, with the exception of some early Danners, has leaked eventually. I put no stock in whether a boot leaks or not. They ALL do for me.
I think it usually comes down to what clothes you’re wearing with the boots. I would guess most of the time it’s water being wicked down into your boot by the sock and pants. Sweaty feet also makes it feel like the boot is leaking.

I hope yall are right, just bought three pairs of Corrie boots for my sons for Christmas from the Midway sale. I figured $144/pair it's tough to go wrong. Now that yall mention it, I do love my Crispi boots but I put a set of Superfeet insoles in them. Hmmmm

mc67

FNG
I bought a pair of 1000 gram Mountain Extremes last year for late season. Loved them so much I bought an uninsulated pair for most of my other hunting. I love them but I have never really worn any other higher end boots. I do have a pair of Mendle Vacuum Hunters uninsulated but I dont like them nearly as well as the Kenetreks.

Macro

Lil-Rokslider
Kennetreks are a nice boot bur don't fit my feet at apl, I prefer low as or schnees. Kennetreks split off of schnees and now imports a lot of their materials. I wouldn't call them American made.

hydro4570

FNG
After wearing Danners for 20 plus years and seeing the decline in quality since they were bought out I purchased a pair of Mt. Extremes which work great for me and a pair of Corries which don't fit quite as well. Hopefully after a few more miles they will fit me better

ManBun

FNG
I have 2 pairs of Kenetrex mountain extremes, 1 non insulated and 1 400gram insulated. Love them. Used Danners before and I could destroy them in 1 hunting season. Bought a pair of Crispi Colorado’s looking for a lighter pair for hotter days, they felt good in the store but when using them they killed my feet after a couple miles. Learned my lesson and staying with the Kenetrex.

I am a professional hunting guide and have spent countless hours in my kenetreks. They work great for my feet but the mountain extremes seem to only get me through one guide season. I have gone over to their mountain guide boot and it works equally as well. The mountain guide soles are harder and the boot is a tad stiffer.( in my opinion) I have used pretty much every other boot on the market and still keep coming back to these boots! They just work for my feet. I do have to treat them often with waterproofing. I wish the membrane was a little more water proof. The other thing i would like to see is a better lacing system. As the boot loosens up over time I find my self pulling the laces so tight that they are almost touching one another. Hard to get my gaiters to hook on to the laces. Small gripes for such a well built and comfortable boot.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.6 KB · Views: 28