Keiler Gear Tikka CTR 3-Round Mag

ztc92

WKR
Recently picked up a Tikka CTR in 6.5CM and have been pondering how I may want to set it up for hunting this fall.

While the CTR magazines have a great reputation overall, they are large and heavy, reported to make noise by rattling and 10 rounds is more capacity than I need for hunting. I've seen some people modify polymer 5-round AICS mags to fit the CTR, but that seems like a sub-optimal solution, plus they're still almost the same size. I've also seen some people cut the 5-round CTR mag to a shorter length, but I'm not confident I have the welding skills needed to pull that off.

I kept searching for a simpler solution and ultimately stumbled onto this 3-round plastic CTR magazine made by a company out of Germany called Keiler Gear. It looks like it sits flush with the stock and based on the description/reviews it should make less noise than the metal CTR magazine. Wondering if anyone on here has experience with this company or this product? Seems like a great option for those hunting with a CTR.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
Have you tried one out? I'd be interesting in testing one when I pull the trigger on a .308.

Really wish they made one for the .223...

crdavis61

FNG
I tried ordering one and their website would not let me pay. They had instagrammed me and said they shipped worldwide but their is a glich or something because they would not ake my money when it came time to pay.

crdavis61

FNG
Did you have to modify the original tikka stock to fit the CTR? And it seems funny with all the 3 d printing going on these days, you cant find a simple plastic 3 round magazine for a Tikka CTR........

sdupontjr

WKR
It was a new Tikka roughtech takeoff so the barrel channel was pretty damn close to the CTR. Opened it up very slightly. You can use the CTR bottom metal but leaves a gap on the inletting. I ended up buying an original bottom from JA outdoors if I remember or either mountain tactical. I already had a spare T3 mag so didn't need that. The only other thing you will need is the spring clip that mounts on the trigger to hold the mag in place. The CTR doesn't have one and uses a different method. Sold my new CTR takeoff here on site, picked up the roughtech here on site. Basically even wash. So all I had to do was buy the bottom metal and spring clip. Done.